View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 How many versions of MoMbot? 
Ensign

Unread post How many versions of MoMbot?
Does anyone know how many public versions of mombot are out there?

Which one is the latest?

Does anyone consider one version better than another one?

Where is the best place to get each different version, if more than one public version?

Did most of the scripters kind of pool their work on mombot and consolidate it into one public version? I think I kind of remember reading something like that somewhere, the version Toyman has posted links to(?)

If there are multiple public versions out there, and any of you consider one to be better than another one, I would appreciate listing the reasons you consider that version better than someone else's.

Maybe we could turn this question into a poll. Thanks

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 pm
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread post Re: How many versions of MoMbot?
Latest one from Lonestar mombot3 _ 1045

Attachments:
__mom_bot3_1045.cts [557.62 KiB]
Downloaded 673 times
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:48 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

There are a couple floating around. The last one that TBH worked on was for TWGS 1.03. The newer one works with both 1.03 & 2.20b.

Attachment:
MOMBot.rar [212.02 KiB]
Downloaded 868 times
<-- Last known one with both CTS and TS that I worked on for both versions.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Thanks wyvern and Toyman. Guess there aren't many copies of a public mombot floating around. Toyman, is that attached version the same one as you have posted on Grimy Trader's site?

Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:11 am
Veteran Op

SteveH_66 wrote:
Thanks wyvern and Toyman. Guess there aren't many copies of a public mombot floating around. Toyman, is that attached version the same one as you have posted on Grimy Trader's site?

There was a small problem that had been changed in TWX so this was modded after the one I uploaded. It was a minor change that most people would probably never noticed.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:30 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Boo! inc.

I have my own version where i changed it to allow uncompiled scripts. I could never compile easily on my mac, so i was frustrated with the fact that I had to use compiled scripts in the mombot script directories. Now it will use the .ts as default if you have both .cts and .ts in the directory.

I have also added bust tracking. and last rob/steal.

the bust tracking did exist at one time, but some triggers in newer scripts decided to go away from older methods. and zbot uses yet another method. so some scripts were modified like the SDT script. and the BUSTS script. also rebuilt the MSL script since i always had problems with it not working correctly and crashing. especially when i did not have values of alpha, star dock and rylos. now it doesn't care, it just won't show them.

I also rewrote the density scan portion of mombot internally since I did not like how dumb it actually was. I won't fire if the density goes down. and i reduced the amount of triggers needed to get the data required to make decisions. i've always believed that the more triggers you put in, the slower it will execute.

I was in the process of rewriting the whole find command. because i never really liked how it worked. but it kind of was put on the back burner for now.

I also rewrote the class0 command because it used to just look in the database. now i have it saving star dock, alpha and rylos into the game .cfg file so mombot knows about the values when you load it. mombot used the cfg file rather then looking for it saved in twx. if i remember correctly.

also the name of the file doesn't change. i put in easy to change major/minor and build name at the top that I change to show version. i never liked putting it in the file name. i wanted a mombot file name that never changed, so that it would work with commands such as switchbot when zbot is configured with the mombot file name.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:59 am
Ensign

Sounds like you've done a lot of work on your version Tweety. I haven't messed with compiling scripts much myself, I usually just leave them as ts. I haven't played red much, but from what I can remember reading about it bust tracking would seem important. Last rob steal too, to help avoid busting by accident - like I said, if I am remembering correctly about what I read. I have tried both bots, and I'm still checking them out trying to decide which I like best - they both seem quite excellent and the scripters deserve a lot of thanks for putting them out there.

I haven't got familiar enough with them to try adding scripts to the bots, although I need to study up on that because I can see where that would be a powerful aid you can use with the bot.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:23 pm
Ensign

Tweety wrote:
I have my own version where i changed it to allow uncompiled scripts. I could never compile easily on my mac, so i was frustrated with the fact that I had to use compiled scripts in the mombot script directories. Now it will use the .ts as default if you have both .cts and .ts in the directory.

You releasing that? :D

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:40 pm
Profile ICQ
Boo! inc.

i could. but then i would have to maintain it haha. and i would want to include some other files that I updated as well as you updated astro like the SDT for zbot compatibility.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:02 pm
Ensign

Tweety wrote:
i could. but then i would have to maintain it haha. and i would want to include some other files that I updated as well as you updated astro like the SDT for zbot compatibility.

I know what you mean... it's one thing to use it yourself, but if you're gonna release it you want it to work properly.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:54 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]