View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Coming back again and having difficulties 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Coming back again and having difficulties
The computer I was using crashed, so I am using one of my old unreliable ones, but this one had my Tradewars stuff installed. I start up SWATH and TWXProxy and TWXProxy will not connect until I manually load my game, but it shows 1,000 sectors, and this game has 30k. I am running a local game until I figure out everything, but just running the server does not do anything. It says "stop server," but when I try to connect to it, it says there are not any active games. I need to open the command center, give the game a name, and then it shows up. Great. My own server just disconnected me and now TWXProxy is saying "Warning: This database is corrupt or does not exist. No data is available." Oh, fun. It was hiding. I wanted to make a new file, but it had minimized to just the close button in the bottom left of the screen, where I did not notice it.

"An error occurred while trying to create the database."
It worked the next time.
Both SWATH and TWXProxy are supposed to log me into my game, but neither do. SWATH does not automatically trade without negotiating like I told it to. The scripts were not working, which was the main reason that I was posting. My old scripts started with:
send #145
waitFor #145
but the #145 never arrived. I made the stupidest explorer, just:
Code:
setVar $i 11
while $i < 30000
send $i " * z n e *"
waitFor "Command [TL="
add $i 1
end
halt

It would take me to 11, but that was it. However, if I tried to play, momentarily forgetting about the script, it would then send 12, and send me to 112 and then 13, before stopping again.

It is working, though; in the time that it has taken me to type everything since I got TWXProxy to work, my horribly script took me to over two hundred different destinations.

I am not trading, not gridding, and if anything happens, it is going to try to keep moving, in a game with aliens and ferrengi. Eventually, this may become interesting.

I was also surprised to see that SWATH 2.0 came out, but my antivirus canceled the download, insisting that it is malware, and not giving me any options.

I guess that I created the game, started some planets, made citadels on three of them, and then did not play for much of a year. I stocked them for the citadel, but the script kept hanging, and when I tried to ether-probe-explore, it would log me out of the game every two minutes.

Well, I ran into 1,000 offensive Ferrengi fighters next to Rylos. My shields absorbed them, but the script waited for me to tell the game that I did not want to stick around. Then I found 37 defensive Ferrengi fighters. Well, my fighter policy is not doing anything either; it is set to always kill. Well, I just found the Ferrengi homeworld. They stop respawning once you conquer the planet, right?

It looks like replacing the TWXProxy file fixed many of my issues. I am going to try eprobing after I do a little invading.

You guys have a great day!

Thu May 28, 2015 12:16 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: Coming back again and having difficulties
The alien will continue to re-spawn after you invade there planet.
The only change is you can move their planet , and they will search for it
to take back.

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Fri May 29, 2015 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Coming back again and having difficulties
I have a couple of new returning players having trouble connecting Swath. www.Swath.net is down. Maybe power outages in Kansas?

Is anyone else having trouble? I sent Stein an email, I think Eje is on vacation.

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Fri May 29, 2015 6:54 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]