View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Easy TW2002 Setup v1.03 Updated 12/22/2015 
Ambassador

Unread post Easy TW2002 Setup v1.03 Updated 12/22/2015
Created and maintained by Helix (helixtw@icloud.com)

Whats in it?

1. TWX Proxy v2.5.73 (This works with Windows 7, Vista and XP) (Works with TWGS v1.xx and TWGS v2.xx)
1a. Also includes most of the publicly available script packs and their source, if available.

2. M()MBOT v3.1045 (Kaus' version, it Works with TWGS v1.xx and TWGS v2.xx)
2a. M()MBOT also includes the last public release of the source code in 3.1035
2b. Also includes limited documentation for M()MBOT

3. Includes SWATH v2.0 (This works with Windows 7, Vista and XP) (Works with TWGS v1.xx and TWGS v2.xx)
3a. More info can be found at http://www.swath.net

4. Includes EP's TWXIDE v1.0 (for writing and editing twx proxy scripts in the .ts format

5. Includes ZOC 4.14 for those of you who just want a telnet client that works with twxproxy. (added the current version of Rev-Helper)

6. Includes the Grimy Trader's TWX Script Descriptions

7. Includes Angoth's Cannon Settings Spreadsheet

8. Includes a PDF of TW-Cabal's Web Site (http://tw-cabal.navhaz.com)

9. Includes "Dny's little macro tutorial for Tradewars 2002 by Sing" (Can be found on http://www.navhaz.com)

10. Includes "Singularity's little "Welcome back to TradeWars" primer thing." (Can be found on http://www.navhaz.com)

11. Includes Sing's CEO Hints, (a must read)

12. Includes the TWA Database Project - Player Edition v1.4 (These are for v1.03 mosty)

There is a lot more info out there. If you have any questions, ask. If you get killed by someone, ask them how they
did it and what can you do to stop it from happening next time. Don't whine, ask questions!!!

Helix
12/22/2015

This is a new dropbox link, since they did away with public folders.

I dropped all the files into a TW directory, here is the link, let me know if it works. You should be able to see the files and download them.

TW Files

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Last edited by Helix on Mon May 22, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Easy TW2002 Setup v1.03 Updated 12/22/2015

I dropped all the files into a TW directory, here is the link, let me know if it works. You should be able to see the files and download them.

TW Files

Last edited by Helix on Mon May 22, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Darn look at you go. Well played helix. One day I will use this package, but not today. Unsure as to why you are calling dny and sing different people, but other than that nice work. :)

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Silence wrote:
Darn look at you go. Well played helix. One day I will use this package, but not today. Unsure as to why you are calling dny and sing different people, but other than that nice work. :)

Cause Sing chose that name for public script releases.

H

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

This was an absolutely amazing idea. Bravo. It is a wonder nobody thought of doing this before.

I am thinking it might be a good idea to setup a Website directory along with a PHP script that compresses all the files on a per basis download request, thus making it easier to maintain updates via FTP.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:52 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

TW Files

Mon May 22, 2017 4:30 am
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

Excellent post; thanks for the huge collection of files.

I admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed with how many different versions of everything exist... It would be my goal to find the latest version of each item and sort them all so that any older obsolete versions get purged...

Just trying to figure out which is the latest / best version of TWX proxy alone has caused me quite a few hours of research over the past few weeks...

I've created a Google Doc to help consolidate all info into a noob proof tutorial to help people get started... intention is to cover every last detail no matter how small.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r1J ... sp=sharing

I have forgotten so much over the years that this return to the game has been far more challenging than I expected...

I wish there was a nice Wiki that listed every version of every helper, and every script that included release dates, compatibility, author and contact info...

If you're still watching this thread I'd love to know which version of TWX proxy you'd consider to be the 'latest' - from what I can tell 2007 was the last update... it should be called twx Proxy PRO and should have a red background; as the original was a green background without the 'pro' in the title.

Its been frustrating that many sites will list version numbers incorrectly as well; .10 is far different from .01 or .05 and .50 versions... etc... the versions numbers seem to be wrong in many places...

File names
readme
'about' area

all have conflicting information making it hard to identify which is the newer version...

Add to that some appear to be plagued with errors and incompatibility.. its a bit of a mess.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]