View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 EP Haggle Issue And Script Question 
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post EP Haggle Issue And Script Question
Ok, not knocking EP haggle, I love it, except when I get this:

Quote:
Derive Failed, Port parameters could not be determined.
Ensure that MBBS and Planetary Trade values are correct.

Counter is ZERO, input Counter manually, (or ENTER to accept their offer):>

And yes, both those settings are checked.

What I want to do is "recover" from this in my script. To recover I just hit enter manually.

However if I send that enter from a script EP Haggle doesn't pick it up as it must have a "TextOutTrigger".

Anyone have a suggestion how I send text to a text out trigger?

I guess I could run a script from my terminal program that looks for the error message and sends the enter. That way the proxy will be tricked.. I'd prefer not to though :)

Thanks in advance!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:43 am
Commander

Unread post Re: EP Haggle Issue And Script Question
That's been a problem with the script for years. I'm pretty sure that E.P. Is aware, and will ask you to post a screen cap, or Log-file.

I do not believe that there is trigger that works off ANSI sent from another script. However you can run a trigger for the offer prompt and set a timer if nothing happens within (for example) , 5 seconds and automatically send a carriage return.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

It's related to old imprecisions in TWX's math routines. I spent a lot of time fixing those, but that left some old workarounds in this script that are still lingering. I've been thinking of new ways to resolve this, and hope to complete it soon. But please, keep petitioning me for this and it will get fixed.

+EP+

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

LoneStar wrote:

I do not believe that there is trigger that works off ANSI sent from another script. However you can run a trigger for the offer prompt and set a timer if nothing happens within (for example) , 5 seconds and automatically send a carriage return.

This works from the point of view that it completes the current buy. However EPs script doesn't timeout and sits waiting for input indefinitely.

So next time your port, it doesn't haggle at all.

Cheers,

Ham

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:46 am
Lieutenant J.G.

ElderProphet wrote:
It's related to old imprecisions in TWX's math routines. I spent a lot of time fixing those, but that left some old workarounds in this script that are still lingering. I've been thinking of new ways to resolve this, and hope to complete it soon. But please, keep petitioning me for this and it will get fixed.

+EP+

I'd be just as happy with a option

"Auto accept offer when derive fails?"

That way your script could just send the "*" for me :)

If I'm planet trading full amounts I'd turn this off. However for the script I have in mind I do lots of small planet trades. So it's just annoying having to keep an eye on the script. The script I use this with might run for an hour in some games.

Thanks EP

Hammer

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:48 am
Gameop

EP, I bet if you post the source code one of the awesome scripters here may be able to assist with some workarounds.

Just saying.....

:)

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:51 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]