View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Want to start home server on a 2-terabyte external drive 
Civilian

Unread post Want to start home server on a 2-terabyte external drive
Hi my name is Derek Ridley. I use to play tradewars a long time ago faithfully. Me and my family would like to start playing. What do I need to do in order to put local 2 Terabyte external drive, and set it up. I understand need to pay for nodes and games. I just need to fully understand how this is done. Also, I use Swath.net and Rexx/Zocs Scripts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 pm
Gameop

Unread post Re: Want to start home server on a 2-terabyte external drive
Welcome Derek,

If you are just looking to play there are still a few public servers out there. Go to the game bang section. Start on Crunchers server. Her games are very "returning player" friendly. Depending on when you last played the game has sped up and evolved. Lots of scripts. In this forum, you will see a post by Helix. He has a great auto setup exe file.

I you are looking to set up your own server for just your own internal playing there are help files for that. I would suggest not doing that as you won't get many players there. The only game I play on my server is game Y and Z as they are script testing games and team practice games. I won't play in any of the public games.

Above all else, ask questions.

Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]