View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 java for swath 
Private

Unread post java for swath
i'm just getting back into tradewars using swath/ twx but i can't get java scripts to work in swath. i'm using window 10 any direction to get it up and going.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: java for swath
I wish I could say something helpful but I have never used SWATH scripts. I went straight to TWX scripts. http://www.tw2002.info has all the popular script packs for TWX

Sorry I couldnt begin to tell you how to run Java on Windows 10 but I didnt want you to think we were ignoring you.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

I used the java scripts in Swath when I was very new to the game, and they mostly suck, though there is a cashing script that is pretty fast (blue port trading).

The big problem is that most of them were written for way older versions of java and don't work anymore, and haven't for several years.

Learning twx is your best bet.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Private

thanks for info

i have twx 2.5.73 i'll go to grimy and DL some scripts

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:09 am
Warrant Officer

The first place I would suggest is to go to Edit | Preferences | Scripts | Page 1
Make sure the Java Root directory is pointing to where your Java classes are (the executables are *.class, not *.java). Also check the JVM location to make sure it matches your actual Java installation. I'm not even a Windows user so I'm not sure where that is these days.

If that doesn't get you going come back with a little more detail and we'll try again.

And BTW, I use older scripts all the time and have very little problems. I have rewritten a lot of parts of the scripts that come included, and the older ones don't even use the latest features of the Swath API, which is much more complete than it started out. If you take the time to learn it you will find that you can make very powerful scripts very quickly, but learning Java is a bit more of an ask than the TWX scripting language. There again, if you find a script that just won't work right I'll bet we can get it sorted out quick enough.

Deign

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 am
Profile ICQ
Private

thank you all

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]