View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Looking for a Script that may not exist- Ether Probe assist. 
1st Sergeant

Unread post Looking for a Script that may not exist- Ether Probe assist.
The E probe search built into swath works fair... auto avoids sectors...

But how do you deal with the mess left over?

I've been manually visiting each sector, scanning/ killing figs/ removing avoid and this takes too long...

I would love to find a script that can target avoided sectors - kill figs if under ____ amount and remove the avoid...

Or I'd love to find a better all inclusive Etherprobe explore that cleans up the mess of avoids...

Any ideas? I searched the forum here and only found a handful of topics on this; I can't find any scripts with the word Ether in them...

Perhaps there are scripts with this function that have another name?

Thanks!

(I'm in a limited turn game, can't rely on the LS unexplored script for that reason... so I'm using E probes.. up to 91% explored and theres another 9k sectors to go... one more random planet to capture....lol)

Edit-- at 98.6% I found the last alien planet that needed captured... took a few more days... lol

Last edited by draconia on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:30 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Re: Looking for a Script that may not exist- Ether Probe Butt
In helix's package of TWX Scripts there should be Rammar's scripts.

One is mdest_Ram_Prober.ts - that's just a good eprobe script. Not perfect, however you can at least target dead ends, i..e places enemy is likely to be. It'll create a file with the sectors to target.

He also has another script Ram_unfigged_gridder - this is a highly efficent gridding script.. but very dangerous. I.e. it just goes in, doesn't look, and does it well. Works best in a ship with plenty of figs.. but I'm not going to gurantee i won't kill you. If it's a dead game, leave a ship near fed space, run it just before midnight. If you die, you can get in,warp to ship near fed, and get back in easily. Always better with a corp mate in a planet to rescue you.

You could use lone starts grid list maker (also in Helix's package somwhere) to create other lists to probe - tunnels for instance.

As far as then narrowing down how to grid the rest out.. that's a longer topic than I've got time for right now. Mombot does have some options but they tend to be aimed at unlimited games in the public version, so may not be as efficient in a low turn game.

The most efficient is usually using a planet grid script but requires two corp members. One on saveme, and another entering the sector and calling save me.. and preferably all automated. Or Rammar's grid but has the added risk :)

Lonestars passive grid is awesome but as you say, most likely exhausted.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:39 pm
Commander

Yeah most of the scripts in that class are considered hunter/killer scripts... the authors of those scripts generally keep them to them self's. and do not make them public. Just the way of the TW world.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer

draconia wrote:
(I'm in a limited turn game, can't rely on the LS unexplored script for that reason... so I'm using E probes.. up to 91% explored and theres another 9k sectors to go... one more random planet to capture....lol)

How can you be 91% explored with 9k left, that's a 100k sector universe? I'm guessing 900 to go.
It sounds like this game is quiet, so Rammar's unfigged gridder is a good bet. That is the fewest turns solution I can think of.
A more manual approach (and safer) would be to use Swath's bubble finder and begin manually exploring all the bubbles that you haven't already probed. These should be the majority of your unexplored sectors anyway and if the planet you are looking for was built by someone then it is likely in one of these bubbles.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 am
Profile ICQ
1st Sergeant

Very helpful things to know; thank you both. I'll keep that term 'hunter killer' in mind and start looking for those other scripts mentioned...

Jax and I were experimenting with the saveme - I think we're both relatively newly returned to the game and are playing vs some aliens together.. I'm up to 96% explored and down to 3k sectors left... theres two more planets we have to capture to end the game... someplace... getting closer... lol

At least these are alien planets that are sitting still and not some human player hiding and moving... lol

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Re: Looking for a Script that may not exist- Ether Probe But
draconia wrote:
Very helpful things to know; thank you both. I'll keep that term 'hunter killer' in mind and start looking for those other scripts mentioned...

Jax and I were experimenting with the saveme - I think we're both relatively newly returned to the game and are playing vs some aliens together.. I'm up to 96% explored and down to 3k sectors left... theres two more planets we have to capture to end the game... someplace... getting closer... lol

At least these are alien planets that are sitting still and not some human player hiding and moving... lol

Something I never noticed for mombot for some time... When you hit the mombot command prompt key '>' twice, it will bring up the gridding menu. YOu can do this from sector level and ship grid, or from planet and pgrid.

So, park someone on the planet and put them on saveme i.e. 'bot1 saveme on

From citadel prompt press > twice and you will see the pgrid menu.

You can scan/holo and get info on adjacent sectors and then press 1 to 6 to pgrid that sector. It's much quicker than typing ">pgrid SECTOR"

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Ambassador

@hammer ...and he better hope he is not playing against you or he is gonna get photoned, even with a planet gridder :)

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:18 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

draconia wrote:
The E probe search built into swath works fair... auto avoids sectors...

But how do you deal with the mess left over?

I've been manually visiting each sector, scanning/ killing figs/ removing avoid and this takes too long...

Hi. My suggestion to you is this: make a grid list of the avoided sectors, then fire up Rammers Twarp Gridder to run the list (make sure you clear all avoids first.)

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Chief Warrant Officer

I have 5 unexplored sectors out of 10,000. All of them are behind sectors controlled by aliens with fully-upgraded planets. I found a 163-warp bubble on my own that apparently someone named Z had discovered. He quit and turned off his defenses. I cannot invade the planets yet, but I can move around the sectors just fine.

I found a dead end left behind by Gilson with 3 planets with citadels. I saw several characters with that name when I was trying to find a game that wasn't controlled.

SWATH shows 11 other huge bubbles in these 10k sectors. How common is that?

I haven't tried verifying any of the others, I don't have any idea when I will finish creating ports in every sector in this one! :D

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]