View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 www.tw-cabal.com updated 
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
I decided to finally update the scripts page. Since I haven't really seen it done anywhere else, I'm gearing my scripts page away from the Uber-Killah scripts, and trying to make it more of a script learning center. It's still under construction, but give it a peek and let me know what you think.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post 
Forget the scripts page, how about that News Page! Nice. [;)]

Seriously though, I think Traitor has some well documented scripts available for download. I actually picked up a great deal of TWX know-how from them. So if you are new to TWX Scripting, Traitor's are some of the best uncompiled, documented scripts around.

+EP+

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Looks good as of yet, some things i would like to see would be a script that gets data such as deadends, unexplored sectors, ect, ect so we could put together a probing script, otherwise looks like a good start, hopefully you can add more as they get suggested, and get help from the uber scripters to help you with the design of these crude scripts, i like the idea though good work traitor keep it up.

http://www.cohesive-chaos.4t.com

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:58 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
My suggestion in general for anybody who wants to learn to script is the following:

1.) Look over a few scripts to get the feel for the language.
2.) Than read the help file. I have gotten to the point were I don't answer many TWX questions from people if they don't check it first. There is nearly everything you need to know right there, and it is were you need to find it. You'll learn more about scripting by reading it than studying scripts.

Jhereg

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

Unread post 
Hey Traitor,

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping the site up and updating it with new information.
Cabal has been a valuable source of information and a great reference for myself in learning the game of Tradewars and now it gets even better.

Thanks

Speed Demon DESTROYED Farscape's *** Escape Pod ***!
Speed Demon launched a Photon Missile somewhere!

Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Draconis

My suggestion in general for anybody who wants to learn to script is the following:

1.) Look over a few scripts to get the feel for the language.
2.) Than read the help file. I have gotten to the point were I don't answer many TWX questions from people if they don't check it first. There is nearly everything you need to know right there, and it is were you need to find it. You'll learn more about scripting by reading it than studying scripts.

Jhereg

I agree up to a point. I learned a lot from the help file, but the help file doesn't always show you HOW to do some things. Or how to do some things better. I would say that I learned as much from looking at other peoples scripts as I did from the help file. But I honestly learned the most by just sitting down and cranking out scripts.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Speed Demon

Hey Traitor,

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping the site up and updating it with new information.
Cabal has been a valuable source of information and a great reference for myself in learning the game of Tradewars and now it gets even better.

Thanks

You are quite welcome. I've got a few more things on the back burner that I plan on getting to after the holidays.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]