View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 TWGS Game Settings Exporter v1.20 
Gameop

Unread post 
Okay, I hear from RP you have something ready. (from his newspage)

Cerne

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Nothing related to this ready yet.  I did get the first vestiges of write access going though and he's beta testing a simple commandline game opener.  (Sets the closed flag from true to false for any game letters passed to it on the commandline.  That way he can prebang games and then set up a scheduler task to open them at a certain time; no more late openings because he couldn't be at the keys.)
When he's run it for a week or so and it's gone off without any hitches, I'll be putting that on my site for everyone.  I'm one person and there are about 50 things people want from me right now so please be patient.   As much of my time as possible is still focused on my ultimate goal of getting the library release-worthy so *anyone* with C++ knowledge can manipulate these files as desired.  Solving the write access problem (including how best to use the game's lock flags) is at the top of my list.
Since there's huge demand for just text output of the gold settings, I'll try to push something simple out Weds or Thurs of this week to do that.  Since that much has basically been done for a while.
In the end I'd like to do a massive rewrite of the game settings exporter though that would create webpages for hosting (since 99% of today's sysops seem to have their own page now anyway) and create a shorter sweeter more to the point version of multiple games to post on the forums.  (People seem to not care about game settings beyond turns and sectors anymore; no one uses my program and would rather just say "(A) 20k/unlim; (B) 10k/1500; (C) Sub-zero 20k; blah blah"... So putting more than that in a post is just ignored.)  A list with the bare minimum like that but links to webpages with more stats seems the prudent way to go.
To do that best, though, I'd need to test for stock settings, and possibly for other common edits, so instead of having to list huge amounts of data, I could just say "Stock" or "Sub-zero" or even hopefully "Stock w/ minor changes" and then post only the changed ships with the changes highlighted or something.  To do that would require a little more coding work to test data against each other and count differences, that sort of thing.
So in the meantime I'll just put something out there to do a dumb dump of the data.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:57 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Gameop

Unread post 
How are we doing?

Cerne

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Cernnunos wrote:
How are we doing?

You tell me.  I sent you a PM several hours ago.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Gameop

Unread post 
LOL we need to get Vulcan to put a line on the main page that tells us when we get a PM.  I will check it now.

Cerne

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:46 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post 
Actually you can get your pms shown when you have them on logon, but to be notified of them while on forum would be really nice, I will check into that. Being earth is a member of the site from the company that made this portal software, they may have something like that available, thanks for the idea.

Vulcan

Oh and Xen, earth is working on the white space issue for this forum, he is getting with the makers to see what is needed to correct it. We think it is in the hard code and need to check it for the right parameters. When he gets the info, it should be somewhat easy to change it, we hope, then again there may not be a way to change the hard code to work. We are looking into it tho.

Vulcan

Forum and site down for now.
my Email is vulcan219@comcast.net now

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4