View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Simulatio's Server [Upcoming games] 
1st Sergeant

Unread post Simulatio's Server [Upcoming games]
(A) Twilight - 1k Sectors, 1k turns/day.

(B) Rarity - 1k sectors, 300 turns/day.

(C) Pinkie - 5k sectors, unlimited turns.

(D) Apple Jack - 2500 sectors, 2500 turns/day

(S) Speed Game - 1000 sectors, unlimited turns. Red-friendly. <Inactive, PM if interested in playing. When there is enough interest, I will post an activation day/time.>

(T) Testing Game - Open to the public, but used as a testing environment for my simulator project. No promises!

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. -Pericles

You can find my server at 166.62.32.246:23. Look forward to seeing you there!

(Still trying to get the domain name working right, but the IP address is solid!)

Always looking for feedback and improvement! Send me a PM with comments/suggestions, please!

Last edited by Simulatio on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:08 pm
Gameop

Unread post Re: New server online and open to the public.
What is your simulator project out of curiosity?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

I'm working with a couple other folks (family mostly) on a custom software/hardware interface to the TWGS. The idea is to create a spaceship-esque control panel you can use to play the game. It's a fun tinkering project.

We're focusing mostly on software and prototyping control layouts at the moment, but I've got a couple of Raspberry Pis that I'm going to start interfacing soon.

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. -Pericles

(Still trying to get the domain name working right, but the IP address is solid!)

Always looking for feedback and improvement! Send me a PM with comments/suggestions, please!

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:24 pm
1st Sergeant

New Bangs!

Game (A) - 'September Sky'
Theme: Easy Beginnings
5k Sectors, Unlimited Turns, 4 hr/day limit
25 Max Players, 7 day inactivity deletion, No starter planets
Gold Enabled, 1 Mil TriCon jackpot (go for it!)
200% Port Regen

Game (D) - 'Large Universe'
Theme: BIG!
30k Sectors, Unlimited Turns
30 day inactivity deletion, No Starter Planets
Non-Gold, Invincible Ferrengal
50% Port Regen

Game (E) - 'Sandbox'
Theme: Chess
100 Sectors, 500 turns/day
10 Max players

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:28 pm
Ambassador

Hey Simulato,

I have been unable to connect to your server Since August 6th!

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:35 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
1st Sergeant

You're not alone, but there are a number of people that can. We did an update to the server awhile back, and that caused some issues. We thought we had fixed them, but evidently not. Can you PM me with some details? What client are you using? What address/port are you attempting to connect to? Also, if possible, please try connecting with a generic telnet client and see if that helps. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 pm
1st Sergeant

Not a good permanent fix, but try connecting directly to the IP address listed. If that doesn't work, let me know. In the meantime I'll work to repair the domain name.

Thanks for your help!

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:56 pm
Ambassador

I run microblaster.net, so it is actually my telnet crawler MicroBot that connects to your server on a regular basis. When a server fails though, I also verify that I can't connect with putty (a free ssh/telnet client).

Your domain name is working now, and MicroBot has updated your listing on my site.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
1st Sergeant

Thanks for the update!

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:45 pm
1st Sergeant

Unread post Re: Simulatio's Server [Upcoming games]
Only a couple days left to the month, so here are the upcoming bangs. Assuming I can figure out the automatic settings, the new game and changes will go live at midnight on 01OCT15, EST.

Game (B) - Exodus
The Bene Gesserett brotherhood has succeeded in stealing the spacing guild's secret of folding space and time. They have built a warp-gate leading away from Terra. Unfortunately the technology is a little unstable and the destination is somewhat unpredictable. However, the Planetary President is hopeful that this will allow for greater colonization of distant sectors, alleviating the massive overpopulation of Terra that has consumed much of the planets natural resources.

Game (D) - Large Universe
*NEWS FLASH*
A scientific breakthrough on Terra has allowed the population to start having children again through natural means. Though the exact results are yet to be seen, a population growth boom is expected in the near future.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]