View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New Messages Not Updating (Again) 
Commander

Unread post 
The colored icons indicating new messages since my last visit are not updating. Right now they show everything back to March 22 as new.

I have experienced this problem before. I fixed it last time by clearing out my Internet Explorer cache and cookies. However, that did not fix the problem this time. And what's more, the exact same problem now manifests itself in Linux! I can only conclude that the site is not setting/updating its cookies properly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Suddenly you're Busted!

Sun Mar 31, 2002 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post 
quote:
The colored icons indicating new messages since my last visit are not updating. Right now they show everything back to March 22 as new.

I have experienced this problem before. I fixed it last time by clearing out my Internet Explorer cache and cookies. However, that did not fix the problem this time. And what's more, the exact same problem now manifests itself in Linux! I can only conclude that the site is not setting/updating its cookies properly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

This happens to me on rare occasions, but I need only close out IE and open it back up again, and problem is always solved (for me at least).

Lisa M. Wilson
aka Rave

Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:33 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Unread post 
OK, I did more testing with the Galeon browser in Linux, which gives you much more control over cookies. This site sets one cookie when you first access it, called ASPSESSIONIDGGGQGQDY. However, this cookie is apparently not set to be persistent. IOW, as soon as you close the browser and open a new one, it gets deleted. It's also using another cookie as I post this message, but I bet that one gets deleted too.

I am guessing that something happened to my persistent cookie, and now I am just stuck with this non-persistent one. It's really annoying.

Suddenly you're Busted!

Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]