View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The Official Trade Wars 2002 Support Forums Update 
Ensign

Unread post 
Discuss The Changes here...

Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Well, first off, I like the way things are organized. I miss seeing the Quick Reply option on the bottom of the thread...unless I missed it. I really liked seeing the download page. All in all...I like how everything is looking =)[:)]

Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
My only problem with the new forum, or layout. Is that now we are no longer able to change/update our profiles. As there is not link to do so.

Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:11 am
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by The WABBIT

My only problem with the new forum, or layout. Is that now we are no longer able to change/update our profiles. As there is not link to do so.

Move your cursor over the "Personal" link from the menu below the Logo graphic at the top of any page, you will see a link to "Edit Profile"

Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by abbeyroad

Well, first off, I like the way things are organized. I miss seeing the Quick Reply option on the bottom of the thread...unless I missed it. I really liked seeing the download page. All in all...I like how everything is looking =)[:)]

The quick reply should still bbe at the bottom of the Topic page... Let me know if you aren;t seeing it...

Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Warrant Officer

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Rick Mead (teamEIS)

quote:Originally posted by abbeyroad

The quick reply should still bbe at the bottom of the Topic page... Let me know if you aren;t seeing it...

Just me...I'm the fool that doesn't fully scroll to the bottom =P

Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:06 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Unread post 

Move your cursor over the "Personal" link from the menu below the Logo graphic at the top of any page, you will see a link to "Edit Profile"

Well, I use Netscape v7.xx. And there is no menu directly under the TW2002 logo. There is only the following, just below the word Home:
Home | Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Advanced Search | Avatar Legend

Now after loading up IE. There appears to be a menu just below the logo.

Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:04 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Thanks for switching the "new posts" icon to the old icon. Its much easier for us high res members. :)

Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:43 pm
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
How 'bout an easy way to get to game rebangs... since that is the most
common use of the EISONLINE site. Maybe a single click from home...

Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Make a shortcut file on your desktop. Put in the command line:http://www.eisonline.com/twforum/main.asp?FORUM_ID=7

Nah, I know what you mean. Still not a bad idea for some people though. I have mixed feelings on the new setup. I mean, its well done, has more gadgets then dr Claw and all .. but its deep and clustered.

It goes from EIS to the forum to the actual forums. Have to pass and decipher your way around. I'm sure we'll get in the groove of it as always. So I'll shuttit! and carry on. heh

Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:09 am
Corporal

Unread post 
[font=Lucida Console]I must say, the new forums format sucks majorly. I rarely check the forums, but I do happen to own two different TWGSs, so I keep an account here. I logged on to change my password, only to find out that I can't do so, because the new forum is incompatible with every other web browser except for IE. Nice. Very nice. Oh well. I guess I can make this account limbo into the unknown.
Feel free to delete this account, for whoever has the power to do so.
[/font]

Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:58 am
Profile WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Apparition

[font=Lucida Console]I must say, the new forums format sucks majorly. I rarely check the forums, but I do happen to own two different TWGSs, so I keep an account here. I logged on to change my password, only to find out that I can't do so, because the new forum is incompatible with every other web browser except for IE. Nice. Very nice. Oh well. I guess I can make this account limbo into the unknown.
Feel free to delete this account, for whoever has the power to do so.
[/font]

Well, I have already to Gypsie about this. And it seems he is in no hurry about fixing it. (That is if he plans on fixing it.) As much as I hate IE and do not want to use it. If I have to do something that requires the menu options. I am forced to use IE to do so.

Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:24 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Unread post 
i did not know how you set up the pictures in my avatar, and i guess i sent it 2 times, sorry about the anyway you will see double GodZilla picture of a little toy godzilla figure, i guess 1 of them needs to be deleted, sorry agian about the mixup

GodZilla

Wed May 12, 2004 3:33 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 

Well, I use Netscape v7.xx. And there is no menu directly under the TW2002 logo. There is only the following, just below the word Home:
Home | Active Topics | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Advanced Search | Avatar Legend

Now after loading up IE. There appears to be a menu just below the logo.

I use Mozilla 1.6 which Netscape is based on. Did you load the Java plug-in? Also did you disable Javascript? If you did, enable it. The menu is apparently based on Javascript. With no Javascript, you won't see it. Mozilla 1.6 works fine with the menu.

Here is a shortcut to edit your profile:
http://www.eisonline.com/twforum/pop_pr ... ?mode=Edit

See if that works for you if the menu is not displaying properly.

I am from http://district268.xormad.com/ District 268

Fri May 14, 2004 12:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]