View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Just a note 
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
The forums seem to not function at all on Mozilla Firefox. Tried it on 2 machines with firefox, all you see is the logo, the home, forum, resources etc menu, and just black emptiness.

I had to use IE. Gag me with a spoon..

Tue May 11, 2004 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
Heh.. try netscape

rm -rf /bin/laden

Tue May 11, 2004 5:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Enos Shenk

The forums seem to not function at all on Mozilla Firefox. Tried it on 2 machines with firefox, all you see is the logo, the home, forum, resources etc menu, and just black emptiness.

I had to use IE. Gag me with a spoon..

We don't support anything but IE... sorry

Tue May 11, 2004 6:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Unread post 
Incidently, it works well on PocketPC 2002... which of course is some version of IE.

+EP+

Tue May 11, 2004 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by ElderProphet

Incidently, it works well on PocketPC 2002... which of course is some version of IE.

+EP+

I am glad to hear that, even more glad to know that you are so in love with the forum that you check it out on your handheld

Tue May 11, 2004 8:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
AHHHH don't even use Netscape....Netscape blows worse...Use IE it is the standard and i would think it would be safe to say that 99% of website will support IE before netscape...

Wed May 12, 2004 12:17 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Netscape is evil! uninstall!!!!!

hehe... sorry [:D]

Wed May 12, 2004 4:43 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post 
works with Opera..

using it now.

Wed May 12, 2004 7:25 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
IE has too many security exploits for me, every time I use it, it installs spyware/adware from various web sites and I have to reformat my hard drive when the spyware/adware removers can't remove it. Occasionally it installs a virus too if a Windows based web server has been infected. I just had to reformat my two Windows machines because of malware infections in my IE temporary folder that could not be removed, but infected my machines. I had an IIS server which code red and other viruses tried to infect but my firewall detected them and prevented it. I since moved my web server, email, etc to Linux.

On the down side, I reformatted and forgot to back up my TW stuff. So I lost all my scripts, macros, etc. That and the extra college work my classes heap on me will keep me from playing.

So I use Mozilla, which Firefox and Netscape are based on. I can read the EIS Forums just fine with Mozilla 1.6, and yes it does have a lot of black space, just scroll down to another part of the page and you should see the rest of the forum. This is because IE has a bug that does not show DHTML and CSS right, and Mozilla does. These forums were written for IE and browsers based on IE like the CE browser. Also Opera was designed to work with the same bug that IE uses so it can correct mistakes in DHTML and CSS.

Mozilla is Netscape without all the AOL crud added to it. It runs better than Netscape does.

I am from http://district268.xormad.com/ District 268

Fri May 14, 2004 12:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Hey OB, I would strongly suggest an updated virus scanner or one of those internet security suites, sounds like you just have IE set up to do everything when you should know better than that.

The Boss TWGS

Fri May 14, 2004 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]