View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Reporting a bad game 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
Where would one go to get the word out on a bad game here on the site? I don't want to go off topic Thanks, SteveH

Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:42 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Smack Talk

Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:40 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
That would depend, SteveH66.

Are you certain that the game is "bad" or could it be something in the settings? You could confront the sysop/hosting party on the Game Rebangs forum. Desirably in a respectable manner.

The SmackTalk forum is designated for rants and raves, yes but if its something that can be helped by the host/sysop - your best chances of getting a positive outcome is there. See.. SmackTalk may not be taken seriously and may go without viewing by many who choose not to visit the SmackTalk forum. Game Rebangs are where we go for the game addresses/settings/etc itself.
Just remember to keep it civil if its gonna be outside of SmackTalk. [8D]

Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:39 am
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
Well I'm pretty sure it is. I am waiting for the owner/primary sysop to reply to my numerous e-mails I sent him asking him to check into the situation before I make any accusations. It's a board where one of the players has sysop access, and that access has been misused in my opinion. Been more than 24 hours since the e-mails and no replies from the owner/primary.

Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:41 am
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by SteveH66

Well I'm pretty sure it is. I am waiting for the owner/primary sysop to reply to my numerous e-mails I sent him asking him to check into the situation before I make any accusations. It's a board where one of the players has sysop access, and that access has been misused in my opinion. Been more than 24 hours since the e-mails and no replies from the owner/primary.

If I may ask, is this a server you payed money to play on?

Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
No it's not, but after further consideration and reading in the forums I have decided not to say anything further. I have not mentioned the board or anything so no one can claim I have done them any harm, so I'm not going to bother with it.

Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:29 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Your first contact should be the sysop as you have done. I would give him a couple days to try and track what is going on and see for himself. All in all most sysops are good people they just appoint power to people of poor ethical character. The other may be that the power was given because he isnt around enough to monitor the games himself, hence the delay in getting back to you. I would say be patient and give it a few days and if it is still happening or you havent heard anything then simply stop playing there. There are a lot more people out there running good, honest servers than poor ones. You dont have to stoop to the level of the smack talk forum to take care of it. If people are feeling cheated they will quit playing there and soon there will be only a game of Ferrengi against cheating Game Op. Good luck.

The Boss TWGS

Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]