View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 teamEIS Announcements 
Ensign

Unread post 
I apologize for the apparent lack of interaction of myself or JP in the support forums lately. JP has had some hardware issues as well as being tied up with another project and I have been quite busy as well. Even though you haven’t seen many posts lately from us it does not mean that we are not in the background working when we can on the current projects for EIS and the Support Forums. Please let me assure you the support for this game is not being phased out, and that includes the forums. Development on the current version is however on hiatus until such a time that JP and myself have time to get back to it. What this means is that while a release for the 3.x version is NOT on the schedule for the immediate future the game is not finalized and there will be another release at some point. We feel that the game is sufficiently stable and playable in its current release to allow for this time.

There are a couple of announcements that I would like to also take this opportunity to get out.

First:
The support forums will be down in the next couple of days (most likely Sunday) for a code and database update. The reason for this update is 2 fold, the first reason is to add features and new security to the support forums, the second reason is a re-write of the polling system for the upcoming Annual Trade Wars Awards.

Second:
The support forums and teamEIS lost a valuable member in the form of Lisa Wilson (aka Rave) not to mention a close friend. While it would be impossible to replace her as a whole, some of the duties that she performed for teamEIS are in need of someone to take over. We are currently looking to fill the spot of Support Moderator for the forums; this position basically entails answering and directing support questions and topics within the forums and Moderating the technical Support Forums. This position requires a very good working knowledge of not only the TWGS application but Game Play and GameOp functions as well. If you are interested in this position please email teamEIS@eisonline.com

Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:40 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Hmmm...i see above that the voting has begun according to your post, but you don't really say what that means. I assume you mean its going to begin shortly? or am i missing something?

Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:26 pm
Ensign

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Gravedigr

Hmmm...i see above that the voting has begun according to your post, but you don't really say what that means. I assume you mean its going to begin shortly? or am i missing something?

I have re-read the post I don;t see where it states that the voting has started.. and i haven;t actually made an announcement concerning the schedule of the awards, but it is something like this:

03/13/03 - Categories will be announced.
03/14/03 - Nominations begin
03/21/03 - Nominations end
03/23/03 - Voting Begins
03/31/03 - Voting Ends
04/01/03 - Winners Posted

Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
I accidently re-read the older post of the Awards for last year when the new forum layout opened up.. was that the one you saw Gravedigr? [xx(] I caught myself wondering the same thing.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:49 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Well, I couldnt actually post it under where the statement was made cuz its locked, but its in the 6th annual 2002 awards section and the post is dated 2/19/2003...by the way the 2002 throws me off, although it is correct, the 5th annual awards were also called the 2002 awards....not sure whats happening there, the awards should be for the year 2002, but they take place in 2003. anyways, I digress, under that sections this post was made:
quote:Voting Begins for the 6th Annual Trade Wars 2002 Awards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Mead
Project Manager teamEIS

and thats all i see,and thats what i refer to.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:06 am
Ensign

Unread post 
Heh, I think the 2002 refers to the name of the game "Tradewars 2002".

Maybe we should focus on the "6th Annual" since there isn't any really good way of including the year. The 2003 Tradewars 2002 awards would sound pretty confusing.

Deployed Fighters Report Sector 911: Cherokee's Imperial Starship entered sector.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
rofl...
of course they do.....

Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:11 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
quote:Maybe we should focus on the "6th Annual" since there isn't any really good way of including the year. The 2003 Tradewars 2002 awards would sound pretty confusing.

lmao! [:D] that does look pretty retarded.

Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]