View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 CK Combat Pack not working...... 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Can anyone tell me what to do to get my CK Combat pack to work again? I registered TWXProxy about a year ago when i used to play and also paid Cherokee for a license, still have all that stuff packed away on a disc and tried to use it recently and the Cherokee stuff wont work but all my TWX pack2 scripts are functioning... cant figure that one out, and cant get in touch with Cherokee either. Also what versions of TWX Proxy should I be using for Cherokee's stuff to "match up" with? I know this is kinda longwinded but I at least wanna be semi commpetitve when I start back playing, and with what I've seen in the games I've peeked in on, I'm gonna need it.

Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Register on the Grimy Trader, unless you are already (you need ot be regged to download Scripts), then goto the Galatic Script Bank and search under Cherokee for the author portion, download all his recompiled scripts, they will only work with TWX v2.03, (actually they might possibly even work with the new version 2.04, but not really sure?) If you also need TWX 2.03 you can search under the SCript Platform Type for: TWXProxy 2.03, then scoll towards the near-end portion (it is very long) and you can download TWX 2.03 and all of CK's scripts are next to the TWX file as well, additionally there is another Ck alien script at the top of this page.

Also, you can note this is the #1 site to go for public Scripts, there are a ton of outstanding scripts from TW's top authors! Happy downloading, heh!

http://grimytrader.com/

Mon May 22, 2006 8:20 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Great info, and from the stuff i've read that you have written on this site, from a great guy. You seem to be destined to be another great player/scripter and I wish you all the luck and success you can handle in your journey with TW. Just take your time and do it in moderation so you can last. I've seen em all from hELLCAT to Res Judicata, and I've hated to see some retire like Xide and countless others, so like I said just pace yourself because you can play this game forever IF you can adapt, look at Freejack... still playing at his age.

Mon May 22, 2006 8:49 pm
Ambassador

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Predator

Also what versions of TWX Proxy should I be using for Cherokee's stuff to "match up" with?....

From what I remember scripts compiled for 2.02 will not function in 2.03. Version 2.04 is out from EP. If you are using the correct version of TWX and CK's scripts, then I am not sure what would cause the problems.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Mon May 22, 2006 9:30 pm
Profile ICQ
Captain

Unread post 
Haha, yea it's a shame all those instrumental players have left the game, it would be awesome to be able to play with them day-to-day. Maybe that could be a theme for a new annual tournament, Battle For Greatness or the Annual BFG Tournament! Were all of the current players would get to Corp up with each one of them as they would serve as the CEO of each individual corporation and the current players would work under them. That would be awesome! LOL
Thanks for the props, I appreciate it! [:D]

Mon May 22, 2006 9:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post 
The public versions on grimy will function for 2.03. All but the ztm and the lawnmow will work in 2.04.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Mon May 22, 2006 11:54 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Ok, so I'm using Ver2.02 of TWXProxy just for the heck of it and since thats what I think I was using when I bought the License from Cherokee, and I'm not messing with his public scripts yet. I'm trying to see if my License will make the Combat Pack work still. I'm at kind of a loss, It's my understanding that he made all the scripts public and does that mean that my license is "no good" now and that "EVERYONE" can download the Combat Pack and use it now. So in essence, I just threw away some money(LOL) I just want to get the Combat Pack to work... siqh. Sucks not to be able to get in touch with Xide and Cherokee, used to be SO easy to reach em'. Oh well, i guess times are a'changin.

Tue May 23, 2006 1:01 am
Captain

Unread post 
That's right you were just working that problem out last week, sorry I totally forgot about that Sing.

Tue May 23, 2006 1:23 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Ok, I think I got it.

Tue May 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
What's this about Freejack still playing at his age? He should change his alias to Methusalah? He's been around awhile and always seems to do well...

Fri May 26, 2006 9:52 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
Oh yeah, that was not any kind of disrepect to Freejack at all.. he's a GREAT player! He is up there though, i saw a reference to his age about 3 years ago, and couldn't beleive how sharp he still plays.

Sat May 27, 2006 11:37 am
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
No problem...FJ is kid brother to some players and they keep him on his toes! I keep learning from some of my elders also....seems as they get older some of them get more devious!

Sun May 28, 2006 5:55 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]