View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Over Moderation: New Server, Same Old Garbage! BAH! 
Gameop

Location: Miami,Florida: Beautiful And So Conveniently Close To The United States!
Unread post Over Moderation: New Server, Same Old Garbage! BAH!
I recently placed a "Game Challenge" intentionally in Smack Talk, only to find that a few minutes later, it have been moved
into Game Rebangs, where I had also placed a notice. I have been running a successful server long enough to know where and when to place notices and I don't need to be second guessed by a moderator who DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE as to what I am trying to do.

I vote to cut the CONTROL FREAK GARBAGE .....NOW!

SAGE

UTW: 2003 - 2013

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:29 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Hall of Famer

Unread post 
I moved the topic. We're trying to keep things organized. The last site had a lot of complaints from new users about not knowing where to even ask questions.

A big benefit of this new forum is that when you visit, the front page tells you where new posts are located that you haven't read. We're also going to have RSS feeds by early next week so your message will get out no matter what.

Also, please do not cross post, and please try to be more civil in your complaints. The staff here does this for free. I especially don't need any more status and am just trying to bring some greatly needed change of enviroment to TradeWars.

Thanks, bro. You know how to reach me in private. We can talk about it more there.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
I see what you were trying to do Sage,
You wanted to post a rebang notice for your board and ALSO post a challenge on behalf of "TEAM KRACKEN".

Here is some free advice:

Let team Kraken post it's own smack, and you focus on making games that people find smack-worthy.

If you get that later part right then, I assure you, the first part will happen all by itself.

That's how Eleq ran his board back in the day :D

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
The old site was way over moderated. Eleq has a lot more experience than you do Sage.
He runs a tight ship and had the best twgs and the best edits, also great tournies.
You could learn a lot from him
Love the new site Eleq

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:12 pm
Gameop

Location: Miami,Florida: Beautiful And So Conveniently Close To The United States!
Unread post 
I would like to step back for a moment and apologize to both EleqTriziT and JP for making the assumption that my post had been deleted from smack talk. I see now that I was mistaken and I feel much better knowing that this did not happen.

It might be a better plan in the future to note that if a topic is moved, post who did the moving. Misunderstandings might be more readily avoided that way.

Regarding my original post that was moved, in the past on multiple occasions, I have used this method of generating game play in the EIS smack talk forum and it never occured to me that my game challenge post was not smacky enough for the forum.

In fact, I see the results of an earlier similar game challenge post in Smack Talk . While the original post may not be smacky....the responses generally make up for the deficiency.

I still beleive that it would have been better to just leave the original post in smack talk and all this confusion could have been avoided. :)

UTW: 2003 - 2013

Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Sergeant Major

Unread post 
Where is the game challenge and rebang notice at? I dont see it anywhere.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]