View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Moved to phpbb3 
Hall of Famer

Unread post Moved to phpbb3
We're now running the latest and greatest. Now us admins can really start getting creative.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:13 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post Re: Moved to phpbb3
Think there is a bug. Everytime i come to the site i have to login again, I have the box checked to keep logged in. Tried deleting password and cookies and reloged in and the same thing happens everytime. Didn't have that problem before the upgrade!

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:16 pm
Gameop

If I remember correctly that is an Admin configurable setting and the default is off. (ie you have to enter the pass each time you start a new session)

Cerne

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Boo! inc.

Correct, same thing is happening on my end. Not just you Animal...your not completely crazy:P

Boo! inc.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:39 pm
Sergeant Major

LOL, this was my idea to JP a few weeks ago, but he blew me off then goes and has somebody else do it. But, whatever though, not like anything else I have tried to do made a difference around here... it is pretty funny though and not a waste to say the least, as I have learned so much more then I did prior to my proactiveness.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer

Animal wrote:
Think there is a bug. Everytime i come to the site i have to login again, I have the box checked to keep logged in. Tried deleting password and cookies and reloged in and the same thing happens everytime. Didn't have that problem before the upgrade!

Fixed

Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:01 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Zang wrote:
LOL, this was my idea to JP a few weeks ago, but he blew me off then goes and has somebody else do it. But, whatever though, not like anything else I have tried to do made a difference around here... it is pretty funny though and not a waste to say the least, as I have learned so much more then I did prior to my proactiveness.

Well, Eleq's not just "somebody else". When it became clear that Earth was too busy to help me get the forum back on track, Eleq was my first choice to step in and take over. I'm just glad he was available. It's nothing personal, I've just known Eleq for over 10 years and I know I can rely on him. After recent events, trust and stability are very high on my priority list. You weren't the only person who offered to redo the forum, there were several others, but Eleq was simply the best man for the job. It wasn't my intention to blow you off. I just wanted to discourage you from doing any work that I knew I would not use.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]