View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 !.03 Full license to 2.0? 
Site Admin

Unread post Re: !.03 Full license to 2.0?
They may want to create such a site, but it's not realistic.

Ok, here's what I'm thinking about doing.

When you reach 10 game slots, it automatically maxes out to 25. When you reach 20 nodes, it automatically maxes out to 100. So the max you need to actually register to get a maxed server is 10 and 20. That's $80, same as before. In addition, I need to deal with the Lite registered users, who will end up paying a bit over $100 for a maxed server. That's not really fair. So what I could do is automatically upgrade all Lite registrations to an additional 8 nodes, giving them 25 slots and 12 nodes. Then the cost to reach 20 nodes would be $24, about the same as the $25 upgrade from Lite to Full TWGS.

It's a bit more complicated, but I might do this.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Private 1st Class

I just bought an additional game slot and three nodes. I really like the new pricing at the low end. I hope some friends and family will log on and tinker around. A bunch of us were reminiscing about TradeWars the other day. Most of us, including myself, have not played since the dial-up modem days. So here's to new beginnings.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm
Site Admin

I'm glad to hear that. I definitely want to keep the ala carte pricing. I know the original pricing discouraged the use of the server by individuals and casual game sites. I definitely do want to have larger public sites, but they should be rare.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2