View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Open Discussion Moderator 
Commander

Unread post Re: Open Discussion Moderator
Sounds like some kids lost a game of kickball at recess..

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Gameop

Too much weight being given to such an unworthy topic.....

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:30 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

I can't find the lock button!!!! Seriously, as far as I am concerned there are only 3 reasons to get involved in a thread.

1. Name calling (nowadays generally prefaced with "This isn't smack but....")
2. Hijacking or derailing a thread. (I will generally move the post to its own thread if it doesn't involve smack)
3. Not following a request to please stop a particular behavior. (This has generally been scripting/anti-scripting or v1.xx/2.xx rhetoric)

Differences of opinion are acceptable and expected, overt hostility is not. (JP has a much greater tolerance for bad attitudes and hostility than I do.)

I completely agree that if you as a forum user believe I have overstepped the bounds of my position, its not only your right but your obligation to bring it to JP's and mob's attention.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

And what was the following post deleted for? Don't say it was because of multiple threads, because this thread was the 1st one I started and it was deleted. I posted it in game rebangs later because that's the only way I could keep Helix from locking it and deleting it.

Quote:
The Official ICE Tournament will begin on 02/04/2012 at 8pm EST.
This is a BYOC, 5 man corp event.
More details will be provided as we move closer to bang time.

Those interested in playing reply in to this thread, contact me by PM at the Hyperspace forum, or contact me by ICQ at 121004329.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:07 pm
Veteran Op

Big D wrote:
And what was the following post deleted for? Don't say it was because of multiple threads, because this thread was the 1st one I started and it was deleted. I posted it in game rebangs later because that's the only way I could keep Helix from locking it and deleting it.

Quote:

Those interested in playing reply in to this thread, contact me by PM at the Hyperspace forum, or contact me by ICQ at 121004329.

Dunno but I never saw one that said reply in this thread, all of the posts I saw said the following. Of course I think I have seen basically the same thing 4 or 5 times. Maybe we need a tournament thread and keep it out of Open Discussions all together? Something like Game Bang/Rebang?
Big D wrote:

Those interested in playing contact me by PM at the Hyperspace forum or by ICQ at 121004329.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Big D wrote:

Quote:

Iam wonder why your post that stated that the flying aces wouldnt be playing in the fire game, why was that deleted?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:04 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

T0yman wrote:
Dunno but I never saw one that said reply in this thread, all of the posts I saw said the following. Of course I think I have seen basically the same thing 4 or 5 times. Maybe we need a tournament thread and keep it out of Open Discussions all together? Something like Game Bang/Rebang?

I'm sorry, I must have missed the forum rule that stated "Big D can't post a tournament thread in open discussion."
Evidently that rule doesn't apply to anyone else since I've seen several other tournament threads there lately.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:56 pm
Veteran Op

Big D wrote:
T0yman wrote:

I'm sorry, I must have missed the forum rule that stated "Big D can't post a tournament thread in open discussion."
Evidently that rule doesn't apply to anyone else since I've seen several other tournament threads there lately.

No I am saying it would be a good idea to have a tournament thread. You clearly stated several times not to reply in the thread but send a PM or post on the other forum. Just saying might help a little. Don't be so defensive, sheesh just making a suggestion. Since this is in the suggestion section :wink:

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Veteran Op

T0yman wrote:
No I am saying it would be a good idea to have a tournament thread. You clearly stated several times not to reply in the thread but send a PM or post on the other forum. Just saying might help a little. Don't be so defensive, sheesh just making a suggestion. Since this is in the suggestion section :wink:

Actually in that case I would have to agree with you. Maybe a new forum with a decent moderator is needed. "Tournament Discussion" forum would suit the bill just fine.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm
Commander

Big D wrote:
T0yman wrote:

Actually in that case I would have to agree with you. Maybe a new forum with a decent moderator is needed. "Tournament Discussion" forum would suit the bill just fine.

I have missed many threads on 'Tourney Talk ... (keep it civil)'
Due to it being in Open Discussions
I do not go there and definitely don't post there.

There should be a forum on the Board index for such things.
Now that KB has left Team Kraaken , I do not have anyone to give me the high lites of the threads on Tourneys or points of interest (not many) in open discussions.

Request : please make a new Forum directory
Called : Tourney Talk ... (keep it civil)

I'm sure that will draw more players in to see things such as
tourney game updates , scores and such.

Just a thought.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Vid Kid wrote:
Big D wrote:
T0yman wrote:

I have missed many threads on 'Tourney Talk ... (keep it civil)'
Due to it being in Open Discussions
I do not go there and definitely don't post there.

There should be a forum on the Board index for such things.
Now that KB has left Team Kraaken , I do not have anyone to give me the high lites of the threads on Tourneys or points of interest (not many) in open discussions.

Request : please make a new Forum directory
Called : Tourney Talk ... (keep it civil)

I'm sure that will draw more players in to see things such as
tourney game updates , scores and such.

Just a thought.

Good idea Vid!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant Commander

Big D wrote:
T0yman wrote:

I just noticed another one of your post was deleted bigd, it was in the fire game thread , I saw no smack intended, matter of fact you even posted you hoped it the best of luck. Can anyone explain why it was deleted?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:14 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2