View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Open Discussion Moderator 
Veteran Op

Unread post Open Discussion Moderator
I'm going to suggest that Helix be removed as moderator of open discussion. He deletes posts without any reason and that just makes it look like the admin of this forum are unable to control his actions.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:46 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Open Discussion Moderator
Do you have some specific cases to cite? I was aware of a little disagreement over a recent thread (Cruncher was upset when Helix locked a thread), but I've spoken with all parties involved (you are not one) and believe everything is good. So unless you have other cases to bring up...

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

John Pritchett wrote:
Do you have some specific cases to cite? I was aware of a little disagreement over a recent thread (Cruncher was upset when Helix locked a thread), but I've spoken with all parties involved (you are not one) and believe everything is good. So unless you have other cases to bring up...

Well, let's see, he's deleted and edit posts that I have posted that weren't smack talk, and posts of several other sysops and players such as:
The Butcher
Scolfax
Cruncher
and a few more that I can't think of right now. I will post a little clip from the hyperspace forum and there are many more just like it.

scolfax wrote:
Helix wrote:
We want to get the next ICE going on a v2.16 server.

If you run a v2.xx server we can use your support. Send a team, or part of a team and help make this a fun tourney. I will be bringing a team of as many mods as I can get from the ClassicTW forums. Its BYOC with a draft. Anyone can play. The players can sign up here in this thread or on the TW2002 facebook page.

H

The only ICE i'm aware of is the one from Big D. Therefore, this so called 'ice' is garbage. If it doesnt come from Big D then the game is not ICE. Also you have no business being a 'moderator' here. (eis forum)

So give up already. And quit sending me private messages YOUR PISSIN ME OFF.

If you continue sending me messages and posting on my posts then we will have a big problem.

I like to get rid of problems. This community does not need you. Quit stealing other people's ideas and come up with your own.

Now interestingly enough you were on my ignore list. Now you're a moderator and i cannot ignore you. So let me make it plain and simple: Don't post on my posts and stay out of my inbox. Continue to harass me and you will go down in flames i Promise. You do NOT have permission to message me in any way shape or form. I do NOT recognize any authority you think you may have. Nor will i ever recognize any authority you think you can take on. You need a spankin and you need your mouth washed out with some strong soap (based on your actions and posts in the past). You're a liar, a cheat, a coward, and now a plagerizer. You're probably mean to small animals as well (not a fact that i can prove).

The best you could hope to do is to unregister your account on the forums and go outside for some fresh air. It's time to move on Helix you're not wanted here now or ever.

K. Tyson
Scolfax's Tradewars

Enjoy the last few days of your 'moderator' status

PS -- This message is also being sent to Big D and to John. Really Helix... shut up and grow up. And you're not running "ICE". Don't be a moron.. You're only confusing new players. And making yourself look like an idiot.

Which makes the EIS board look like idiots too because they made you a moderator.

Time to resign, helix. go away little boi and stop bothering people!

Since you are admin here, you should be able to look through the past moderator activities and tell that Helix is going way overboard.

If you want this forum to represent EIS I suggest you replace Helix as moderator.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:12 pm
Ambassador

I don't agree with all of Helix's calls but I would certainly disagree with asking that he be removed as a Moderator.

I have never seen him acting capriciously in his role.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 pm
Lieutenant Commander

Considering the lack of a smack talk area to vent,
I'd say things have been pretty civil around here.
I say we keep Helix.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Gameop

Helix does a great job. Besides, it is nice to give credit to those that take the time to moderate. They do it freely to help the community, and ask nothing in return.

Besides, there is an expression... people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Last edited by Daala on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:56 pm
Veteran Op

He edited my post the other day and locked the thread. I sent an apology cause I knew I was over the line. I then ask to have the thread unlocked as I would not respond to anymore in that thread. Helix responded by saying "whoops" I thought I only locked your post and opened the thread back up. I don't always agree, but I am only a guest and I have no idea what is dealt with behind the scenes. I say good job, and the if the one person wants him removed it only adds that he is doing a good job. :lol:

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

It's hard to put much weight on Big D's complaints because it's clear that he's out to get Helix. But regardless, if you have any issues, bring them to us and we'll try to resolve them if we can. Removing Helix as a moderator seems extreme, but if you do have a complaint about Helix's moderating, as Cruncher did, bring it to our attention. If the staff agrees that it's a valid complaint, we will discuss it with Helix and try to improve. The same is true of any moderator. As volunteers, our moderators have a great deal of freedom on the forum. But everyone shares the same goal here, to provide a friendly and respectful place for the TW community to gather, and if that goal is not being met, either because of a member or moderator, we take that seriously.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Now Thrawn on the other hand- I have not seen him around in months. What the heck is that all about? He has not been in any conversations, or done any moderating that I have seen.

Kidding... I know why. :)

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:46 pm
Gameop

causing a group of people to launch their own twgs forum isn't enough reason to get rid of Helix? How can JP justify leaving Helix in moderator position for this long is beyond me.

How much of a headache has this been for ya'll??? I've missed a bunch!!!

I've been gone over 12 months from this EIS board, so I dont have all the answers and i dont really know whats going on.

except...Helix is killing this board. Well thats my opinion. But now there's two boards. Who's to blame? Helix? Or the people who put him in charge.... or both?

It could be neither... but i Doubt it.

At any rate, this SysOp would vote to remove Helix's moderator status.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

scolfax wrote:
causing a group of people to launch their own twgs forum isn't enough reason to get rid of Helix? How can JP justify leaving Helix in moderator position for this long is beyond me.

Not exactly correct, they left for many reasons but those aren't worth discussing.
scolfax wrote:
How much of a headache has this been for ya'll??? I've missed a bunch!!!

Yes you have missed a bunch.
scolfax wrote:
I've been gone over 12 months from this EIS board, so I dont have all the answers and i dont really know whats going on.

But yet you come in and say remove Helix?
scolfax wrote:
except...Helix is killing this board. Well thats my opinion. But now there's two boards. Who's to blame? Helix? Or the people who put him in charge.... or both?

Neither your running with half information.
scolfax wrote:
It could be neither... but i Doubt it.

You offering to step up?
scolfax wrote:
At any rate, this SysOp would vote to remove Helix's moderator status.

Glad your not in charge. Given the way some others act and have treated him in here and they still have privileges, I would say he does a very good job.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop

Nope i dont want to be in charge. I'm NOT offering to step up. I'm trying to do less work these days hehehe

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:30 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

scolfax wrote:
Nope i dont want to be in charge. I'm NOT offering to step up. I'm trying to do less work these days hehehe

All i have to say is, twice in the last year, I have pulled the BS flag on 2 threads that helix has posted false and or wrong Information in. Both of those thread my post were deleted. The post that Iam refering werent considered smack talk either, I simple said " Helix your wrong , this is why, and I think it has to do with his lack of game knowledge" I personally think thats the reason "TODAYS" players arent as skilled as players in the past, cause of alot of the info posted here is simply incorrect. Back to the topic, Helix deleted both those post without even contacting me and asking what the deal was!!!! So, I simple reported the thread to you JP and send you PM's both times quoting exactly what I posted and explained that it was to inform the community that the info he was post was infact false!!! Next thing you know my post where both reinstated. I dont think Helix should beable to edit peoples post just becuase his ego is hurt cause he was wrong, I have seen it many times on here!!!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

scolfax wrote:
causing a group of people to launch their own twgs forum isn't enough reason to get rid of Helix?

Helix didn't cause those people to start their own forum. Their own immaturity did. And the forum they started isn't in competition with this one. This one has substance; theirs has chest-thumping and trash talk.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

TheButcher, I agree with you. If it does seem like a post was censored for personal reasons rather than forum business, bring it to our attention. The moderator's job is to keep it civil, but telling someone they're wrong isn't necessarily uncivil. It depends how it's done, really.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next