View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 TWGS Prob 
Warrant Officer

Unread post TWGS Prob
Hi Guys

Ok i have a really Weird Prob with my TWGS and i have been dealing with it and try to get it fixed now for over a month i belive even longer anyway here is my prob.

I have backed up and moved the server meany times in the past but this time something is worng i got a new host server so i moved the bbs and the TWGS to it and i did what i was told to do from here meany times in the past about how to backup and move active games and B4 it wasn't a prob but this time everytime i bring it the games there all in the list under servers and i put it up and all seems good but when i go back to it eather a few min sometimes hr or days eather one that say happens the games are just GONE and i go to the server side anmd all the slots are empty i put all the games back and wait and there all gone agian and its been doing this for over 2 months in fact any clue how to fix this i want to get my site back up but it keeps doing this i would be very greatful for anyone that could help me with this thanks.

Tj

TeamSpeak Servers
cscnet1.com:2500
eacentral.com:9987
eacentral.com:2409

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: TWGS Prob
Make sure that User Access Control (UAC) is turned off, and make sure that "Everyone" has access to the EIS program folder. When you create a new game, make sure it is being created in ".\Game\Game-A" under your root folder. Newer versions of Windows and Windows server will relocate your files to the "ProgramData" folder. This is supposed to be seamless, and your program won't even notice the files aren't where the program thinks they are, but it doesn't always work. Modern programs know they aren't supposed to store data in the program folder, but back when TWGS was written, ti was common practice.

If you create a new game, and it isn't located under the program folder, then uninstall and re-install TWGS. If it still isn't working as expected, try entering the full path to the game folder, instead of the default relative path.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]