View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Looking to get back in the swing 
Warrant Officer

Unread post Looking to get back in the swing
Old school player here... I used to play this game 11, 12 years ago. Stopped about 6 years, and just recently decided I would try again.

Anyhow, as I have a job and what not, I cant dedicate unlimited time. But I can dedicate about 2-3 hours a day, so I'm looking for some decent corpmates who play in various games that have max turns (I dont like the concept of unlimited turns much).

I can play evil or good, though I generally prefer good. I use only TWAR (I know, I know, but I'm at the stage in my life that I dont want to learn a new program for TW2002, sorry).

AIM: rajuabju
MSN: rajuabju@hotmail.com

Hit me up!

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Looking to get back in the swing
Ok, fine. So no one wanted me to join their awesome corp cause I was using TWAR still which hasnt been updated since 98. I get it.

So I now have purchased SWATH!!!

And I'm slowly learning TWXPROXY!!!

So common, someone help me out and recruit me into your awesome corp. so I can become a superior TW player again.

Again, my only constraint is that I dont want to play in unlim turn games. But pretty much any concept with 3k turns or less is good with me!

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Veteran Op

Hehe, why not grab some ppl's ICQs and start building your list? Most on-the-fly corp building is done that way.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Turns games with 3K turns are my favorites (esp with MBBS edits)....
Best way to build your ICQ contacts is use the Hail feature in any game and ask anyone (even opposition) for their ICQ or other IM contact. Just another 2 cents from the peanut gallery. :wink:

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

RajuAbju wrote:
Old school player here... I used to play this game 11, 12 years ago. Stopped about 6 years, and just recently decided I would try again.

Anyhow, as I have a job and what not, I cant dedicate unlimited time. But I can dedicate about 2-3 hours a day, so I'm looking for some decent corpmates who play in various games that have max turns (I dont like the concept of unlimited turns much).

I can play evil or good, though I generally prefer good. I use only TWAR (I know, I know, but I'm at the stage in my life that I dont want to learn a new program for TW2002, sorry).

Hit me up!

Raju if you find yourself in a 10k/3k turns bang and need a corpie lemme know.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:42 am
Profile ICQ
Warrant Officer

Kaus wrote:
RajuAbju wrote:

Hit me up!

Raju if you find yourself in a 10k/3k turns bang and need a corpie lemme know.

Will do. At the moment, I'm only playing in a single game on ICE9, and waiting for the tourney to start in January. I cant actively dedicate myself to more than 2, maybe 3 games at a time.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:08 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

There's a newbie game that is designed for new and returning players over at UTW, if you're interested...

I am an active palyer/Sheriff in that game and help new and returning players. It's a turns game, but a high-turns game (40k turns). However, it is very easy to burn those turns in the time you have. I'm sure the game will help you become re-acquanited. I have requested that Sage rebang that game. as it's been slow there lately anyways... Good luck and nice to have you back!

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]