View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Looking for active corpies 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Looking for active corpies
I have played tradewars for 15 years now. I used to have 300+ icq contacts, somehow icq screwed my list on a upgrade crash so now i only have 100 or so. 50+ of those are in my graveyard of never login . More recently i've stopped hearing from a lot of the people i corp with [i must be a real a Butthole lol].

There have been a few recent incdents where i cby'd in a active game but these were both based on total frustration. Corpies who would not learn from there mistakes who would t-warp colo when they should be b-warp colo'ing, or players who gridded in a 2tpw ship when there was a good 1tpw sitting at base after being told a few times. But the main reason i quit a few games is because i'd get players in the game who ran there bot 24/7 and i had to bot most if not all there turns.

I'll be honest i read sing's corp guide and if i was playing 8 years ago or more i'd say thats great. But I like many others don't have 5 hours at a time to play tradewars let alone anymore keytime then that. Nor do i want to go back to the days of having my computer alert me if someone is gridding to wake me up.

So what i'd like is my old friends, or some new friends drop me your icq's. I'll add you then you can add me and we can see about playing some games. All i ask for is whatever your keytime is actively use your turns for something thats needed. Grid, cashing, defense, etc. Anyone who doesn't want to be just a bot. I'd also like to learn more. I'm a bit behind on anticipating what type of gridding someone is doing, and lack some of the better scripts to counteract gridding.

I prefer turn games of 3,000 or less, almost any edit. If anyone is interested drop me a reply here or icq me my icq # is 168-072-477.

Have a good one everybody.
-me

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 pm
Gameop

Unread post Re: Looking for active corpies
83250263 - i'd play any day with ya LT - but not this weekend... hehe. i'll be out of town. you can bot me though... just kidding!

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:14 am
Gameop

343491078 <-- Tis Me

http://www.twsubspace.com <-- Expired
Teamspeak 3 50.23.212.53:4196 <-- Expired
Just a has been now.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

I will be interested to join your corp..
I'm actually a newbie... cause I joined tw2002 in 1994 and rejoint in 2001 for less 1 year... I was running a BBS with tw2002 and some other doors...

And now, in 2009, i decided to run my twgs cause I saw that it was finish to use BBS to run TW2002... and after some reads, I saw that Tw2002 wasn't the game I played before... cause of bot, script and all of that... I remember that first software like twx proxy... it wasn't so hot.. but we could see the map as the CIM now and pair trade... manualy... lol

So, i would like to have your point of view about how we play a game... cause i will not be connect all the time... most of my disponibility is at night... (gmt -05:00) I use SWATH and TWX 2.04, and somes scripts to help me with trade, explore, alert me and some special script to help me colonize.... I got not attack script or defensive script... for now.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 am
Ensign

Okay so I just SD myself for the 2nd day in a row because I forgot about the 3-pod rule. I hope I learned that lesson now.

I'm trying an unlim subzero tonight due to the popularity, but I actually prefer turns games. Just can't always find em when I want em.

I'm relatively new; played in the bbs days (ran a bbs in Canada called Mostly Harmless), then started again a few years ago but only for a few weeks. Have started again in earnest the past couple months, and have-learned / am-learning fast.

I am very quick at keys (problem is knowing exactly what to key and when) and an imaginative strategist, but still lacking in knowledge and haven't built all the habits like most of you have (I need to set up hotkeys for various tasks using swath's macro strings and/or my own twx scripts [or actually, swath's java api interested me since I know java inside out but I couldn't get most of the scripts working right away and I heard twx is faster anyway], but I'm having problems deciding how I want to do it).

My ping is not the greatest where I usually play - on UTW I usually get 180-200, (edit: However, LoneStar's twgs.spaceballtw.com:23 gives me 125-142 ping... so I'll probably be playing more over there now, muahahah). I am using twx and swath with mostly mombot but use a lot of other scripts for various tasks. Intending to start writing my own scripts once I know TW well enough (I write software for a living so I don't expect much of a learning curve with the scripting itself).

So add me to your ICQ and hit me up for a game sometime.

Hotblack Desiato
576-924-617

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 pm
Sergeant

Dang LT...I hope you did not loose my ICQ. We scorched our last oppenents!! 423-638-967.

Doc aka Convict

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]