View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 cc bee starts perma, with twist 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post cc bee starts perma, with twist
first post did not make it into the forum,,, will try agian.
I have been playing TW, since the early 90's. I remember the door version played on bbs. In those days many add on features were available to the sysop... roving planet, natural disasters, your own stardock... +++
It is my opinion, that the developement of TWGS has focused on combat and i believe that has diminished full rounded game play. Nobody developes their character, they play as themselves... what a drag. Tradewars is like reading a book... a lot of it goes on in the head. So... let me cut to the chase...
I and whoever joins me, will play in a different style... a style similar to the character Quark on DS9. The guy is a nice alien, but driven by ferrenghi tradition to "... turn a profit!" We will play TW the same way... i plan on opening a business... sell ships, planets, cols., products, etc. Get into a wide range of profit methods, traditionally frowned upon by TW community. Collect intelligence about other players and sell or use that to our advantage. We would have a tunnel that is open for business in the gate and increasingly defensive as you go deeper into the tunnel. We will run as a collective, with meetings to assess current game details and to plan for future events. We will be non-combative, unless provoked or "PAID". You would be obliged to develope a character and play as though you were that character (ah... no strange languages please, hehehe... "Plok tuk").
Who am i looking for: 4 other players... one balls to the wall builder, one red raging attacker, one quality utility man, and one spot open for whoever might dig this scene.

In some ways, this type of play will benefit new players, as we would be more than helpful, at a price of course... figure they should make payments to us, for our help and protection. Gott'a love that.

So drop me a line and we will go from there.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 am
Ambassador

Unread post Re: cc bee starts perma, with twist
Sounds like a good idea, dont advertise, you will probably die first :)

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

I like that. Some good ideas listed.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:43 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

hey Helix, it all depends who your hang'in with... lately, i been seeing a lot of the opposition go the hard route.
hehehe... nice for change, because i was getting beat so often, i was begining to think nobody liked me... lol.
Good to see some interest and comment on this post. I really need two high quality players that can put the muscle on those who figure on an easy kill over at The Hive Black Market.
So... "com'on play'as" get yur kit and move out!

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:03 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Opportunity knocks!!...
One of the top players in the game has stepped up to the plate!
Hive Black Market, now has a red attacker of renowned strength and tenacity. We need one more raging red, one bad Butt blue builder and a quality utility man.
The Hive advances 10 paces.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:58 am
Chief Warrant Officer

new outstanding results to report!!!
Hive Black Market now has 2 top players signed on for a few games. These two deep space warriors have fought victoriously for years. Decorated, vindicators, both of them. Here be strength, tenacity and battle experience.
Arising from swirling nebulus dust... a coelescence of immense proportion...
"The Hive" is born!

Still looking for that strong blue and utility man... what's hold'in ya back?... could be onto something really cool here... (and now that we have the needed muscle... ya can feel more secure!).

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 am
Ensign

[OT] and Just out of curiosity... Do you write Obama's speaches?

I'm a TW and #SD# ing you was my idea!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.~ J.T.Kirk

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:59 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

You should bring your people into Toyman's TradeHugs game. It will give you an opportunity to develop your ideas without anyone killing you for spying. Sell everything to the highest bidder

T0yman wrote:
Rebang Game Z, Capture the Alien Planets
After the last round we had to add some rules they are posted on the website. Your responsibility to read them, mine to enforce them. ( http://toyland.boldlygoingnowhere.org/rules/GameZ.html )
This is a no ship to ship or base invasion game, this game is to build up and capture the alien planets. The corp with the most planets wins.

Tonight 12/20/09 @ 6PM CST
Mod Alien Retribution (slightly modded)
20K Universe
10K Turns
1 Day Turn Bank

Winners Last Round - Corp #2 (Apone and Orion)

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Njoy, any time you require eloquence, all ya need to do...

"is give me a call"

and i will help ya out, bro.

hey.... what a bud's for ... hehehehe

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]