View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Links to TWA Files (Updated: 09/16/2008) 
Author Message
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:00 am
Posts: 991
Unread post Links to TWA Files (Updated: 09/16/2008)
Here are some links to some TWA files.

Vader's Black Sun... This link is gone.

Vulcan Forge Click the "Downloads page" button in the left frame.

Silver Wings TWGS... Click the files and Scripts button in the left frame then click the 'Big D TWA Game Files' link



TWA Database Project v1.3

The actual TWA Database Page here

The player edition v1.3 can be downloaded here.

The sysop edition v1.3 can be downloaded here.

Cerne

_________________
"All warfare is based on deception..." - Art of War
"Time will tell all tales" - SG
Any advanced tactic in TW is indistinguishable from cheating.


Last edited by Cerne on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:27 am, edited 5 times in total.



Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 6:12 pm
Posts: 136
Location: United States
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
Any other places to look for TWA files?

Thanks,
Data

_________________
http://www.MyTradewars.com
Telnet:\\MyTradewars.com:23


Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Boo! inc.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 844
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
**EDIT**

Double post on Cerne's..sorry..
Data we getting some different games??

:mrgreen:

_________________
“The object of war is not to die for your corp but to make the other bastard die for his.”

Boo! inc.


Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:37 am
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 3141
Location: Kansas
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
Commander Data wrote:
Any other places to look for TWA files?

Thanks,
Data


You can always create an original edit, but that means understanding the game mechanics to create a good one. Some edits out are pretty decent and others appear to be designed by someone w/o any concept of game play.

One of my pet peeves is seeing an Op take a very good edit and changing the edit w/o knowing what they are doing, messing it up and then putting it up for DL. I've seen this happen with two edits I have released and it is irritating to say the least, and one reason I wish there was a way to "lock" an edit. Maybe something similar to the way TWX allows use of .ts and encrypted .cts files. This way the edit author could release an edit and players would know what they are playing.

I think a tutorial on creating edits would be a nice thread to start someday.

_________________
               / Promethius / Enigma / Wolfen /

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."


Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1800
Location: Outer Rims
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
Promethius wrote:
Commander Data wrote:
Any other places to look for TWA files?

Thanks,
Data


You can always create an original edit, but that means understanding the game mechanics to create a good one. Some edits out are pretty decent and others appear to be designed by someone w/o any concept of game play.

One of my pet peeves is seeing an Op take a very good edit and changing the edit w/o knowing what they are doing, messing it up and then putting it up for DL. I've seen this happen with two edits I have released and it is irritating to say the least, and one reason I wish there was a way to "lock" an edit. Maybe something similar to the way TWX allows use of .ts and encrypted .cts files. This way the edit author could release an edit and players would know what they are playing.

I think a tutorial on creating edits would be a nice thread to start someday.


Already under way.

Since creating some tutorials for SWATH, etc I decided to make a tutorial on setting up the TWGS. It's almost completed. Then I will be moving on how to create an edit in TWGS. I'll keep you posted on the final release of the tutorial.

_________________
-Thrawn

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3


Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:13 pm
Profile
Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:00 am
Posts: 692
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
I agree. I've had several of my edits tweaked with the same name. The tweaks suck big ones but my name is still attached. Usually the tweaks are made for unlims when it was designed for low turns.

_________________
Black Sun TWGS
http://www.blacksuntwgs.com
blacksuntwgs.gotdns.com:23


Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:00 am
Posts: 1201
Location: Canada
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
Cerne wrote:
Here are some links to some TWA files.
Vader's Black Sun
Vulcan Forge

TWA Database Project v1.3

The player edition v1.3 can be downloaded here.
The sysop edition v1.3 can be downloaded here.
Cerne


Hey Cerne, where are the TWA's?

1- BlackSun doesn't appear to exist, anymore
2- Unable to register at VulcansForge (errors out)
3- Other links makes my IE Freak-Out

_________________
----------------------------
-= QUANTUM COMPUTERS in a Nut Shell: 15 = 3 x 5 ... 48% of the time.
-= There are 10 types of people in the world: Those that understand Binary and those who do not
-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?


Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:00 am
Posts: 991
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files
Here ya go, I got them back up on the website and added a link to the original post. Read up.

BTW, thats what you get for using IE :)

I think Prom and Big D have some that are not in the database as of yet.

Cerne

_________________
"All warfare is based on deception..." - Art of War
"Time will tell all tales" - SG
Any advanced tactic in TW is indistinguishable from cheating.


Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:56 am
Profile ICQ
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:00 am
Posts: 1201
Location: Canada
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files (Updated: 09/16/2008)
Hey Cerne can I use your web page "TWA Database Project - Sysop Edition" on my web site, and link to all the TWA's there as well? if not I suppose I'll have to remake that nice table you got there.

[EDIT] Decided to put up all the TWA's and the nice Table-page you have. If you want me to take it down (the page), let me know.

_________________
----------------------------
-= QUANTUM COMPUTERS in a Nut Shell: 15 = 3 x 5 ... 48% of the time.
-= There are 10 types of people in the world: Those that understand Binary and those who do not
-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?


Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:27 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Unread post Re: Links to TWA Files (Updated: 09/16/2008)
LoneStar wrote:
Hey Cerne can I use your web page "TWA Database Project - Sysop Edition" on my web site, and link to all the TWA's there as well? if not I suppose I'll have to remake that nice table you got there.

[EDIT] Decided to put up all the TWA's and the nice Table-page you have. If you want me to take it down (the page), let me know.



yeah i have this TWA's, i hope this gonna work out to me ...




_________________
remote workforce | livechat operators


Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:59 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.