View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 How to set up and use remote admin? 
Gameop

Unread post How to set up and use remote admin?
Never tried this, and I am a little confused. Am I going to have to open an additional port on the firewall, or can I share port 23 for both the game and remote admin? If they share, how do you differentiate between game players and admin connections?

Can you access TWedit functions from the remote admin? If so, what are the limitations?

I feel so dumb for asking.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:11 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: How to set up and use remote admin?
Rival wrote:
Never tried this, and I am a little confused. Am I going to have to open an additional port on the firewall, or can I share port 23 for both the game and remote admin? If they share, how do you differentiate between game players and admin connections?

Can you access TWedit functions from the remote admin? If so, what are the limitations?

I feel so dumb for asking.

You have to use two ports, one for regular connections (players) and one for admin.

When you login as Admin, you have a menu showing the games. Press the game to enter T-EDIT and you can edit it as if on the TWGS console. You just can't rebang games in this method.

Cheers

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:41 pm
Gameop

Unread post Re: How to set up and use remote admin?
Cool. I am going to try and find some time to write a little Vb.net app that can be set up to connect to that port on a schedule and execute some commands. I think my first command set will cycle through each sector, read the number of fighters in that sector, and degrade that number by a configurable percentage.

"The hostile environment of space has caused losses in your stationed fighters!"

It would make for an interesting game where such events take place on a daily basis.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]