View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Game settings in general 
Gameop

Unread post Game settings in general
What do people like to see????

I would like to get more players on Hard Galaxy, but I realize it;s summer and people have better things to do.

But, Heres my games, what if anything would you change in the settings?????

I am starting to think rob delay would be a good thing on unlimited games, opinions???

telnet://71.10.124.168:2002

Hard Galaxy Facebook Page

ICQ - 42337091

Does a game need to be re-banged???
Shoot me an email twar@charter.net
Or post a message on the Facebook page...

Last edited by Slagathor on Sat May 30, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop

Unread post Re: Game settings in general
Without going into specific settings, I have found that in order for a TWGS to be really successful, they need to have a niche and offer something unique. Most servers have a lot of unlims, and it is hard to differentiate the games on one server from the games on another. Find a type of game that is not being serviced by many other TWGSs and make that your thing.

Proud Sysop of ICE9 TWGS
Home of Building and Non Regulated Games
http://www.oregonsouth.com/ice9
telnet://ice9-tw.com:2002

Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Ambassador

Slagathor wrote:
What do people like to see????

I would like to get more players on Hard Galaxy, but I realize it;s summer and people have better things to do.

But, [url="http://www.thestardock.com/twgssearch/info.php?servername=HardGalaxy"]Heres[/url] my games, what if anything would you change in the settings?????

I am starting to think rob delay would be a good thing on unlimited games, opinions???

A general mix of turns and unlims seems pretty good. If you do truce games, then you deal with the headaches. The truces are the only games some will play. Personally I would keep any truces short, maybe 1-2 days. Any delays are bad and an unlim with rob delay will run away most "hard core" players.
Delay = simulated lag IMO.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Thu May 28, 2009 10:33 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

I think there is much more to it than just unique or interesting games.

I spent almost a month designing out what I believed to be an interesting and unique concept game and found that apparently no one was interested in playing it. I even built a storyline around it. Here was the info:

Telnet://TWGSGOLD.servegame.com:23 will be releasing Game C:" Relics" on Friday, April 17th, 2009 at 5:00 PM Eastern U.S. Time.

"Deep in the galactic core, remnants of an ancient galactic empire have been discovered! Their advanced technology outpaces ours by eons, and their ships are highly prized by traders and conquerers alike. Can you gather the forces required to capture this ancient techology? And if you do, can you keep your competition from destroying it?"

This universe is created with three fairly complicated scripts creating 60 planets to be conquered and 20 ships to be captured. There are 6 different custom alien artifact ships and 6 unique alien relic ships. Three alien artifact type ships can be purchased at the Stardock, all of the others must be captured.

The following sectors contain artifact ships: 100,101,102,200,201,202,300,301,302,400,401,402,500,501,502.
The following sectors contain the unique relic ships: 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000

Be forewarned: These sectors are highly defended and will take a massive collaberation to invade and capture.

The standard ships have been modified to simulate a 250 turn game in a 1000 turn environment.

This game will have the following settings:

- No Truce. There is more than enough to go around.
- 5K Sectors
- 1000 Turns
- Unlimited Time
- 5 Player Per Corp.
- 5 Planets Per Sector
- Extern Runs At midnight Eastern U.S. Time

Attracting players is a difficult challenge.

Fri May 29, 2009 6:48 am
Gameop

I did truce games once, it was kind of a pain....

I usually just keep to whats on there with a few unlims and some limited turns..

I think next bang at least one of them will have stardock location turned off, was also thinking of making the alien planets über bad a** and the first trader to cap them wins.....

Opinions??? Just looking to change up things a bit...

telnet://71.10.124.168:2002

Hard Galaxy Facebook Page

ICQ - 42337091

Does a game need to be re-banged???
Shoot me an email twar@charter.net
Or post a message on the Facebook page...

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop

Rival wrote:
I think there is much more to it than just unique or interesting games.

I spent almost a month designing out what I believed to be an interesting and unique concept game and found that apparently no one was interested in playing it. I even built a storyline around it. Here was the info:

Telnet://TWGSGOLD.servegame.com:23 will be releasing Game C:" Relics" on Friday, April 17th, 2009 at 5:00 PM Eastern U.S. Time.

"Deep in the galactic core, remnants of an ancient galactic empire have been discovered! Their advanced technology outpaces ours by eons, and their ships are highly prized by traders and conquerers alike. Can you gather the forces required to capture this ancient techology? And if you do, can you keep your competition from destroying it?"

This universe is created with three fairly complicated scripts creating 60 planets to be conquered and 20 ships to be captured. There are 6 different custom alien artifact ships and 6 unique alien relic ships. Three alien artifact type ships can be purchased at the Stardock, all of the others must be captured.

The following sectors contain artifact ships: 100,101,102,200,201,202,300,301,302,400,401,402,500,501,502.
The following sectors contain the unique relic ships: 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000

Be forewarned: These sectors are highly defended and will take a massive collaberation to invade and capture.

The standard ships have been modified to simulate a 250 turn game in a 1000 turn environment.

This game will have the following settings:

- No Truce. There is more than enough to go around.
- 5K Sectors
- 1000 Turns
- Unlimited Time
- 5 Player Per Corp.
- 5 Planets Per Sector
- Extern Runs At midnight Eastern U.S. Time

Attracting players is a difficult challenge.

That sounds like a great game. I'll need to check it out. I'm sort of having the same issue. I'm creating a game with a lot of back story and trying to get players interested. Most of my players use scripts, so I'm sure the effort is futile, but still got to give it a go.

Also, as someone else said, I'm starting this in spring / summer so I sure there is a limited number interested at this time.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]