Gold planet gtorp probability
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Mongoose [ Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Gold planet gtorp probability

I've been reading stuff like this and this, trying to figure out how I can better control planet probabilities in my TWA.

A few people have suggested that Gold planets beyond the standard ones all have the same probability. If I disable all the standard ones and replace them with higher-numbered copies, will they all have equal probability?

Author:  T0yman [ Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gold planet gtorp probability

In my experience.... NO. JP is talking about adding more control in a future release but not as of now.

Author:  Mongoose [ Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gold planet gtorp probability

Hrm... I knew you couldn't delete the default planet types, but you can't even disable them. So much for that idea.

Author:  John Pritchett [ Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gold planet gtorp probability

It was a bit tricky expanding the planet count without drastically changing the planet probabilities. What I decided to do was block off a 10% chance for receiving an expansion planet type. Basically, if you roll between 90 and 100 on a probability roll, then there's a 20% chance you'll get the standard Vaporous/gaseous, or if you roll 100 you always get it. The other 80% of the time, you then roll for an equal probability of receiving any of the expansion planet types. So yes, there basically is an equal chance that you'll receive a Gold planet type.

I will consider ways to provide more control over planet distribution. At the time I had so many things I was adding that I just went with a quick implementation for expanding the planet generation probabilities.

Author:  Mongoose [ Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gold planet gtorp probability

That makes sense. Until there's more control, I think I'll create additional copies of one or two of the more desirable standard planets. Then players will have at least a 5-10% chance per gtorp of getting them with the overloading method Cruncher suggested.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group