View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Custom planet ANSI 
Commander

Unread post Custom planet ANSI
I have a game in slot A. I put some custom ANSI files under C:\Program Files\EIS\TWGS\Game\GameA\ANSI. But when I try to set my custom planets to use those file names, it says the files cannot be found. Am I doin' it wrong?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Custom planet ANSI
Mongoose wrote:
I have a game in slot A. I put some custom ANSI files under C:\Program Files\EIS\TWGS\Game\GameA\ANSI. But when I try to set my custom planets to use those file names, it says the files cannot be found. Am I doin' it wrong?

You will also have to go to the last page of the planet editor (option 4) to point the planet to the corresponding text or ansi file.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

You can't specify a path when you set the file for the planet. You only specify the file name. TW will look for that file in the game's local ANSI directory first, and if not there, look in the global ANSI directory.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Vid Kid wrote:
You will also have to go to the last page of the planet editor (option 4) to point the planet to the corresponding text or ansi file.

That's what I'm doing. I'm not attempting to put a path. If the file C:\Program Files\EIS\TWGS\Game\GameA\ANSI\GEOTHERM.ANS exists, and I edit one of game A's planets and put in GEOTHERM.ANS, it says it can't find the file.

I'm running version 2.19 on WINE. Could somebody try this with 2.19 on real Windows?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

If I create a game in this exact same path and I put an ANSI file in its ANSI directory and point to it with the earth type planet, it works fine.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

I had this same problem with the "INTRO.ANS" and "DESC.ANS" files. The solution turned out to be the file names. The name AND the extension have to in all caps. I just about had to tear my computer apart with a chainsaw before I could get to the settings that allowed me to edit the file extensions!? Once I changed it from "INTRO.ans" to "INTRO.ANS" it started working.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]