View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Language in Daily Log Taunts, etc 
Gameop

Unread post Language in Daily Log Taunts, etc
Okay, I know this is not a bug, but it is a sincere change request if another revision is to be issued. I have quite a few younger players on my server and a few of their parents play too, which is really cool because groups like them represent the future of the game with a new generation. They would appreciate - and I would appreciate - if the profane and/or inappropriate material could be changed to something a little more G-rated. I'm sure it would be a pretty simple modification to alter the pool of automated taunts that is selected from for use in the daily logs whenever someone gets podded, and it would serve to make the game totally free of anything that would make the parent of an 11-year-old upset. Some will say that the lines it generates are tame compared to what the human players will say, but I can control that by banning players with excessively foul mouths... I can't control what auto-generated taunts say. Some are fine, some are sketchy. Let's just have them all be fine and then no one can say anything bad about it.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Language in Daily Log Taunts, etc
The fix would be in the TWGS\Game\OATHTEXT.dat open that file and you can edit the automatic taunts to be kinder and gentler. Atleast this is where I found them, I hope it helps.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop

Yeah, you can go in and change it in there like T0yman said, it is pretty easy to figure out. One character represents the player that was blown up, another the other represents the player that blew them up. I think you just have to be careful because the first line contains the number of oaths, and if those numbers don't match, the twgs may not like it.

Proud Sysop of ICE9 TWGS
Home of Building and Non Regulated Games
http://www.oregonsouth.com/ice9
telnet://ice9-tw.com:2002

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 am
Gameop

Hey, awesome - I did not know that was editable. Thanks for the information!

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]