View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Anyone having the pwarp bug in classic tw? 
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread post Anyone having the pwarp bug in classic tw?
Everytime we pwarp around all the riders in the cit get dumped into the sector in Classic tw game A.

Ahh, forget to add the missing messages of when someone warps into the sector in which you are sitting.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Anyone having the pwarp bug in classic tw?
Anyone experiencing this, can you give me more details? Is it as easy as just moving a planet while another player is at shields and the player pops out to the planet?

Is the missing message thing consistent or intermittent?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ok, got the first one. I actually fixed a big inadvertently here. It was always supposed to drop you to the sector when the planet moved, going back to the late 90s, but as everyone knows it didn't work at this prompt. I fixed an unrelated prompt and caused this one to start working as intended. At this point, the behavior of this prompt is important to a lot of tactics, so I restored the behavior.

I'm still looking at lost messages. We've been seeing lost messages for awhile now and I'm trying to track down the cause. If it's happening more commonly now, maybe that'll help to finally isolated it. Let me know if anyone finds a way to consistently drop messages.

I'll post this on twgs.classictw.com tonight. But this bug is active in v2.09 which was just released tonight. I'll get a quick update out tomorrow to replace that, but it would be nice to fix another bug or two before that.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

So when I pwarp with a corpie in the citadel, the default behaviour is to drop the corpie to the command TL prompt?

Another bug on the pwarps is if you are in the cit and a corpie warps the planet, you see a message stating that the planet is no longer in the sector.

As for the the missing messages, it has been happening on classic game A since the bang. The [player name] warps into sector and the [player] warps out of sector messages are not displayed. This seems to only be when it is a normal adj sector warp. On Twarps I see the messages and the pwarps I see the messages.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 pm
Site Admin

The planet movement issues should be fixed. Are you still seeing them?

The default behavior shouldn't be dropping to the sector. The intended behavior at the shields attack prompt should have been to drop to the sector, but that's been broken for years and is pretty much accepted behavior.

I addressed the missed messages with this release, so are you saying that the missed messages continue today at about the same frequency as they always have?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

We still get evicted from planet on pwarp btw. (game A)

My TW Visual Map Helper

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Wow, maybe I didn't install the lastest there. I know I duplicated that bug and after fixing it, it went away.

Is anyone seeing this on a v2.10 other than twgs.classictw.com?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

twgs.classictw.com says it's version 2.09

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

Good to know ;)

I'll get that updated.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]