View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 This is a good one... Die and don't leave game 
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post This is a good one... Die and don't leave game
Today I was killed on SK's server in the Pirates game.

I received no messages or notifications that I had been killed. I had been on a certain screen for sometime. I had to leave the room for a while due to my baby and didn't bother getting out of "that" screen as to be honest I'm not really committed to that particular game. I'll keep the details of the screen hidden and try and replicate another time so I can send JP the full details

When I came back I viewed the sector a few times, noticed I still had no turns from a photoning, took no notice of the ship I was in.

2-3 hours later I return again. This time notice I'm in a pod, my aligment is halved etc, still no turns. Odd I say, how did that happen, view the logs and see I've been podded AND had my pod destroyed. There is 2% haz in the sector, yep that must be my debree, yet here I am.

I am still on the "#" hash list.

I go to land, and boom game finally works out "This dude is dead, show him the exit"

I'm going to attempt to send screenshots as it's quiet peculiar :)

See attachment.. .hopefully

Sat May 07, 2016 6:17 am
Commander

Unread post Re: This is a good one... Die and don't leave game
Hammer_2 wrote:
Today I was killed on SK's server in the Pirates game.

I received no messages or notifications that I had been killed. I had been on a certain screen for sometime. I had to leave the room for a while due to my baby and didn't bother getting out of "that" screen as to be honest I'm not really committed to that particular game. I'll keep the details of the screen hidden and try and replicate another time so I can send JP the full details

When I came back I viewed the sector a few times, noticed I still had no turns from a photoning, took no notice of the ship I was in.

2-3 hours later I return again. This time notice I'm in a pod, my aligment is halved etc, still no turns. Odd I say, how did that happen, view the logs and see I've been podded AND had my pod destroyed. There is 2% haz in the sector, yep that must be my debree, yet here I am.

I am still on the "#" hash list.

I go to land, and boom game finally works out "This dude is dead, show him the exit"

I'm going to attempt to send screenshots as it's quiet peculiar :)

See attachment.. .hopefully

And the server side log shows:
Extern completed normally...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
12:00:19 AM 05/07/2016 Iron Ranger(1): Ran Tradewars 2002.
03:37:51 AM 05/07/2016 Hammer(9): Normal exit
03:38:16 AM 05/07/2016 Hammer(9): Ran Tradewars 2002.
03:42:07 AM 05/07/2016 zep DESTROYED Hammer's ship in Tradewars
03:42:10 AM 05/07/2016 zep DESTROYED Hammer's ship in Tradewars
06:00:14 AM 05/07/2016 Hammer(9): Normal exit

sounds like a timing issue. when i moved the server from my home to the remote server i kept all the settings that i used for the slower machine since I don't like making changes to active games. so my guess is that is what has happened in this case. the two and a half hours you where still in the game after being killed is interesting but im pretty sure this log would have showed the same if you where sitting at the "T" menu all the time.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Sat May 07, 2016 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Re: This is a good one... Die and don't leave game
Yeah, I had exited and entered the game,

decided to look at my personal game mail/messages.

Figured I should get on the planet as I'm in a privateer

Left room, got kill as suspected I might but kinda just forgot lol

Came back, could view sector etc, until I landed and the game did some updates and worked out I was dead.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens in all games. It's a bit like when you moth a sector draining a cannon. THe fuel ore on the planet doesn't update until you attempt to land. So if the people you are mothing are out of the game for a few days they instantly get that few days of ore back.
That one has caught me out before.

WOuld be easy to test. Not sure if I would have been getting new game messages or subspace talk etc when I was "in limbo".

Sat May 07, 2016 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]