View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Infinite experience 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Infinite experience
If you have too much money (1B cr) you don't earn any money on trading. However, you continue to earn experience for haggling. I just accidentally tested this when I was trying to warp back to my home sector after world trading.

I had picked up 999M cr to do something or other and had activated world trade without stopping to drop the money off on my planet. So I was running World Trade and not making any money. As soon as I noticed it, I stopped the script with a full load of equ. Fortunately, I was at a Class 3 (SBB) port and could simply sell my equ and buy fuel for transwarp. I turned on auto-haggle and docked. SWATH sold off my equ and gave me experience but did NOT empty my holds. It took a couple of tries before I noticed this. I was forced to jettison my equ in order to purchase fuel.

So the strategy can work like this: if you don't want to show evidence of your movements (besides docking logs) but want to increase your experience, just pick up a billion credits and world trade.

Or create a script that will repeatedly dock at the same port and fake-sell your product for 3-5 exp per turn.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 am
Ensign

Unread post Re: Infinite experience
Lionmane wrote:
If you have too much money (1B cr) you don't earn any money on trading. However, you continue to earn experience for haggling. I just accidentally tested this when I was trying to warp back to my home sector after world trading.

I had picked up 999M cr to do something or other and had activated world trade without stopping to drop the money off on my planet. So I was running World Trade and not making any money. As soon as I noticed it, I stopped the script with a full load of equ. Fortunately, I was at a Class 3 (SBB) port and could simply sell my equ and buy fuel for transwarp. I turned on auto-haggle and docked. SWATH sold off my equ and gave me experience but did NOT empty my holds. It took a couple of tries before I noticed this. I was forced to jettison my equ in order to purchase fuel.

So the strategy can work like this: if you don't want to show evidence of your movements (besides docking logs) but want to increase your experience, just pick up a billion credits and world trade.

Or create a script that will repeatedly dock at the same port and fake-sell your product for 3-5 exp per turn.

Never knew about this before, but can confirm.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]