View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Call for TWGS bugs 
Site Admin

Unread post Call for TWGS bugs
While the majority of bugs are going to be gameplay related, I am aware of a few TWGS bugs, all fairly minor. If you are aware of a serious TWGS bug that is a detriment to game hosting, please report it here and I will try to get it fixed during the next set of updates. Also, I am willing to consider enhancements. Gameops have had a great deal of time using TWGS and I know many have identified some areas in need of improvement. One example that I have already implemented is the ability to set games as active and inactive, and to bang, configure, and then activate inactive games without having to drop the server. Feature requests that are not too complex to implement and are clearly beneficial will be seriously considered for implementation.

I will post bugs and changes for TWGS here as I commit them to the upcoming update.

Please post bugs as individual threads and not as a response to this thread.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:07 am
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

Unread post Re: Call for TWGS bugs
Yeah, this isn't really a bug per se, but I don't see any topics on what to do if I lost my TW registration key. Presumably, I'm supposed to contact jpritchard by email, but he is non-responsive. Can anyone help me???

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 pm
Veteran Op

I replied to this post then I realized it was originally posted in the year 2000

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am
Commander

I'm got a email yest from JP, using this addy: jpritch@eisonline.com

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

I want to report that I just rebanged a couple of games.
and used the Scheduled Game Start time feature in command center.

It disappears as you activate screen (the checked box)
And I set it for a couple of hours while I set things up and advertised.

I had a player test entry , and he made it to the do you want to start a character
so that means it isn't locked.

I went into tedit now and made game closed , but I'm betting I'll have to be here to open game.
So how do we use that or am I doing something wrong ?
Or is it not even a working function yet ?

*** Edited ***
I pulled a brain fart ... If you set it to scheduled time , date
don't activate it and leave it as open in tedit and it will active itself on time.
I feel bad to not understanding it the first 3 or 4 times though it.
But sit back and think about it awhile and the answer came to me.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, and I meant to make a change for v2.01 to make that more obvious, but forgot to put it in. I'll get it in soon. I'm going to put a warning dialog when you click Activate when Schedule is set, just to warn you that you're overriding the scheduled time and opening immediately.

I think this is just confusing. Not just you.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

forget about the warning , once you do it wrong a few times and do it right once .. you know .. therefore is moot.

What would be nice is a tic to ask if you want the age turned back to zero if you change the date of activation to other then today.

So if you were to set activation on 4th of july , the game age will be set to zero on that day when the server activates it.
(sure would be nice if you can send along an UPS to guarantee power to the compute as well) <j/k>

Thanks for your work to date

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, I do need to support that.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Lance Corporal

John Pritchett wrote:
While the majority of bugs are going to be gameplay related, I am aware of a few TWGS bugs, all fairly minor. If you are aware of a serious TWGS bug that is a detriment to game hosting, please report it here and I will try to get it fixed during the next set of updates. Also, I am willing to consider enhancements. Gameops have had a great deal of time using TWGS and I know many have identified some areas in need of improvement. One example that I have already implemented is the ability to set games as active and inactive, and to bang, configure, and then activate inactive games without having to drop the server. Feature requests that are not too complex to implement and are clearly beneficial will be seriously considered for implementation.

I will post bugs and changes for TWGS here as I commit them to the upcoming update.

Please post bugs as individual threads and not as a response to this thread.

I just upgraded to 2.07 and it says my reg code is no longer valid and is switching to local demo mode. but in config it shows registered.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm
Site Admin

You requested a new code and I provided it, then "retired" the old one. We need to make sure you're using the correct code. Email me if you can't find the one I sent.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
Lance Corporal

John Pritchett wrote:
You requested a new code and I provided it, then "retired" the old one. We need to make sure you're using the correct code. Email me if you can't find the one I sent.

yes, I always only use the current code I get.
it worked in 2.05. it also said my code was bad, showed as regged. but would let people logon. 2.07 won't. shows regged in config thou, but says no good on startup and won't let people logon.

p.s. update, works now,
was cutting and pasting code in, if I type it in it is accepted.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 am
Site Admin

Just to clarify, "Servants of the Good Shepherd" is no longer a valid registration, "St Benedict Mission" is the registration you should be using.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]