View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 No available games when logging in 
Private

Unread post No available games when logging in
Hi,

I'm having a problem getting TWGS up and running. This may be a common problem, but I tried searching as best I could and couldn't see anyone ask previously. I'm running the latest version on the website on Windows 7. I've successfully installed and registered the software, and created a new game when I go to the configure game. I select a description file and everything seems fine here as far as I can tell.

Then, when I go to command center, I get the option to bigbang the game, and view log files. When I bigbang, everything seems fine; there aren't any error messages and I see it go through checking all the sectors are linked, making bubbles if asked, etc.

Once everything is done, I go back and start the server. I am able to log in, but when I get to the screen where I can choose which game to log into, there are no games listed. I've recreated the game with no change in behavior, and I've also checked to be sure the game is NOT currently marked as "Inactive" in the Configure screen.

I had this issue previously, but have reformatted since then and I can't seem to remember what I eventually did to fix it. There's got to be some simple setting somewhere that I am missing or misconfiguring, but can anyone direct me to it?

Thanks!

haize

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 pm
Sergeant

Unread post Re: No available games when logging in
I am having the same problem on a Windows 2008 x64 Server, freshly installed vServer.. Bigbang runs, but no game gets created.

There are no files that appear in the game data folder either :(

Halp?

Sun May 29, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

haize wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem getting TWGS up and running. This may be a common problem, but I tried searching as best I could and couldn't see anyone ask previously. I'm running the latest version on the website on Windows 7. I've successfully installed and registered the software, and created a new game when I go to the configure game. I select a description file and everything seems fine here as far as I can tell.

Then, when I go to command center, I get the option to bigbang the game, and view log files. When I bigbang, everything seems fine; there aren't any error messages and I see it go through checking all the sectors are linked, making bubbles if asked, etc.

Once everything is done, I go back and start the server. I am able to log in, but when I get to the screen where I can choose which game to log into, there are no games listed. I've recreated the game with no change in behavior, and I've also checked to be sure the game is NOT currently marked as "Inactive" in the Configure screen.

I had this issue previously, but have reformatted since then and I can't seem to remember what I eventually did to fix it. There's got to be some simple setting somewhere that I am missing or misconfiguring, but can anyone direct me to it?

Thanks!

haize

Sounds like a 64 bit problem for JP, but did you try running external maintenance immediatly after the big bang, then edit tedit settings
G- General editor 1
H- General editor 2
I - General editor 3
Just the basic settings then try to Activate the game, if it still doesnt work try this.
Stop the game, export the data file to the game_ dir then rebang, extern, edit, enable.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

This is a known bug, it's been documented here on the forums along with a work-around.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31615

The newest beta has fixed this.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

If anyone continues to have this problem with the current version, let me know. The problem I fixed was related to long install paths being truncated by TW.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]