View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Double Busting 
Gameop

Unread post Double Busting
Ok, I have been relentlessly robbing ports of their equipment for days now using SSM and I think there's a bug in the math used to determine when a bust should take place.

On a very regular basis, I will get busted at a port for stealing equip, then move to the next port and immediately bust again. It's driving the experience levels down very quickly. It is happening maybe 5 or 6 times out of 10.

It will stop for a while, then it will start back up doing it again. In all the years playing TW, double busting like this was actually a rare event.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Double Busting
Can you duplicate this behavior robbing ports by hand? I'm curious if it's related to the speed of scripts, or if it's happening regardless of the speed of the action.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Oh my gawd! You want me to play by hand?

LOL

I'll give it a try and see what happens

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

As useful as scripts are at uncovering bugs, it's sometimes important to check to see if the bug is caused by the script itself. And I'd rather ask you to do it than do it myself ;)

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Master Blaster wrote:
Oh my gawd! You want me to play by hand?

LOL

I'll give it a try and see what happens

SWATH is pretty slow, use that (one of the built in java scripts) rather than a TWX Script like turbosst or wsst. My experience with stealing holds is that if you are busting too much double check the steal ratio variable that your script is using. Using a Corp Flag ship with 85 holds seems to bust more to me because I have to steal more for the same cash result. And then there are times that I just seem to bust more than others but it always seems to even itself out.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, that's definitely true, the random distribution is going to have some peaks and valleys. It's not unusual to get a very lopsided result in the short term.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

Yeah, maybe I am being a little oversensitive about it. I would love to use a cargo tran or something with more holds to world ssm but someone gridded my entire game with 15 figs (a 30k sector game) so I'm stuck with a flag. It's the only thing with enough figs to keep me from getting popped.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]