View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Beta test for TWGS v2.00/TW v3.14 
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Beta test for TWGS v2.00/TW v3.14
Parrothead wrote:
Actually It is Ideas being sent to John for consideration. No need for you to post on the subject.

What, you want me to post on the subject?

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:12 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

Singularity wrote:
Parrothead wrote:
Actually It is Ideas being sent to John for consideration. No need for you to post on the subject.

What, you want me to post on the subject?

If you disagree you can post it in a mannar that isn't sarcasm otherwise please take it to the smack talk forum. Thank you.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 am
Immortal Op

John Pritchett wrote:
Welcome to the TWGS beta discussion area! I decided to open a forum specifically for this topic because I'm inviting people from outside the forum to join in the beta and wanted to make it easy for them to find where to post bugs, questions, suggestions, etc. I'm moving the related posts from the general discussion area into this area. Feel free to post a new thread on any bug or feature request.

Thanks!

JP haveing run HVS TW 2002 for many moons would it be possible for you to have the MBBS mode actually reflect the maximum values from the HVS DOS and NT version.

The 1st being scores: 5k fighters attack a evil alien, get +500k alignment, way to much more like +50 alignment.
Maximum colo's per day is unlimited, in the NT version, (big games need 100k+ a day colo's).
Ports dont seem to evolve (daily increase in product max about 2-5%) if the port has been traded.
Port max stock is 32000, they regen stock about 5-10% per hour, fully stocked at maintenance + a small increase in max stock.
Ports normally have about 1500-2500 stock at day 1, not 800-1200.
Alien Derelict's are deployed automatically day 60-180.
Fighter max per sector 50k all sectors except for alien homeworlds.
Thier is no setting to accumulate turn over a few days, nor did players ever accumalte turns. You can play in am toast all your turns then play in pm with many more turns, but you will be short some turns tommorow. I do like the new idea of no turn loss next day.

To save some confusion loose the tw3.14, after all its TWGS v 2.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

lewdpotato wrote:
I know Im dreaming but here goes. Listening to all the smack on the hht gave Me an idea for a suggestion, Its just too bad its not possible.
what if twigs could recognize all scripts that are being used on the system, and when a new one is used it makes a copy of it and then makes it availible to all. laff
would'nt it be nice to not have to hear about someone having private scripts. :lol:

Run Worldgroup as a front end and you'll catch every one scripting if you dont want any scripters.
You can monitor keyboard inputs, actualy watch the channel, set time limits per day/call. One addon module will limit the inbound IP's to prevent dupes or set max dupe #.
Plus you will have the security of Worldgroup on the frontend, a built in website and a crude old school forum. If you want a demo of Worldgroup BBS software you can dl it from my bbs, it is alot cheaper to register today than back in the 90's. 16 channels for about 50 bucks.

You can also use the setting in twgs 2 to limit keyboard inputs/second. If they want to script many accounts with remotes thru subspace radio or corperate radio the input speed should keep them at a controlled rate. Turn/time per call settings will keep a lid on their daily productivity.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Turning the cps down 2 low makes gridding impossible and is a big PLUS for attack scripts which need few commands to move a planet Lift and attack. Powering up weapons takes 250ms....so 4 waves takes 1 second minimum in gametime therefore a planet move and 4 waves in all prob will split into 5 sections.

Moving from one sector to another requires <Move> 250ms Attacking the current fig , clearing the mine prompt dropping your own fig. Alot of commands there.

A CPS of 4 is a Pdrop Paradise and as for a sysop watching my channel 24/7(I have a pdrop I can turn on that doesn't use any keystrokes to turn on (if u check planet gas IG status Cit Prompt etc manually there is no need.....Sorry Hitech.

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

This pertains to Alien / system made planet , the aliens do not have IG
on , nor can it be turned on if it were available.

In tedit Planet editor , option Z) Edit planet flags
will not open on alien made planets and therefor can not be set by gameop.

If this option were available , tuning alien planet at start of a game would be easier.

just my 2¢

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

Vid Kid wrote:
This pertains to Alien / system made planet , the aliens do not have IG
on , nor can it be turned on if it were available.

In tedit Planet editor , option Z) Edit planet flags
will not open on alien made planets and therefor can not be set by gameop.

If this option were available , tuning alien planet at start of a game would be easier.

just my 2¢

The Z option works for Earth but none of the other planets, Alien or player. Some nifty features in thier it would be nice to see them available on alien homeworlds also.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

I have in the past made a few extra planet in the Alien home sector and had the IG turned on with no ore. Aliens would claim those planets but once I added ore to them they would hold the aliens even though they owned it. I was never sure if that was intended or a sort of bug. So I let that idea drop for the time being. Placing more than one planet in the alien sector does increase the difficulty for invasions though just wish there was a better way than waiting on them to cap the planets.. and I have never got them to cap more than 2 in a single sector.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

T0yman wrote:
I have in the past made a few extra planet in the Alien home sector and had the IG turned on with no ore. Aliens would claim those planets but once I added ore to them they would hold the aliens even though they owned it. I was never sure if that was intended or a sort of bug. So I let that idea drop for the time being. Placing more than one planet in the alien sector does increase the difficulty for invasions though just wish there was a better way than waiting on them to cap the planets.. and I have never got them to cap more than 2 in a single sector.

Alien Planets cannot be blown up. Alien Planets don't count in overloaded sector counts. ALiens will LOOK for these ALien Planets after they are stolen. ALiens will moth your sector out if they find there planet and take it back.(they should take it back to there space but they don't).

What your talking about TOY is ALien owned planets. Different animal. Those are just player planets being claimed in alien space and the "flag" in tedit never changes. WHat Vid is taking about is that the Sysop should be able to CREATE an ALIEN PLANET in tedit and set the flags like he can with a player planet.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ambassador

Parrothead wrote:
T0yman wrote:

Alien Planets cannot be blown up. Alien Planets don't count in overloaded sector counts. ALiens will LOOK for these ALien Planets after they are stolen. ALiens will moth your sector out if they find there planet and take it back.(they should take it back to there space but they don't).

What your talking about TOY is ALien owned planets. Different animal. Those are just player planets being claimed in alien space and the "flag" in tedit never changes. WHat Vid is taking about is that the Sysop should be able to CREATE an ALIEN PLANET in tedit and set the flags like he can with a player planet.

Alien planets do show up in the overload in some edits that I've played and in others they don't. I don't have the backend of the ones where they do show, so I don't know what the differences are in the settings. The UTW Ferrengi edit is one where the planet will show up in the overload - game D I think.

[Edit] It may be the non-gold aliens that show - just wondering on that now - the UTW Ferrengi has only one alien race. [/Edit]

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Space Ghost wrote:
i hope this change doesn't happen. With the Advent of controling "bots" thru SS commands (ie mombot) there by controling your afk corpie i think its important to let scripters solve some these issue's ie Sub Space Scanners for people to take advantage of the SS bots and will help to scale them back or make them more dangerous to use...i think the balance this creates ie risk/reward is important. So i hope that jp considers this before handing the AFK bot crowd some ultra secure Corp Channel .

edit:: further i can see the day where bots have SS scramblers to solve this.....I think scripters can solve this without having to change the mechanics of the game.

This was a one hit wonder. A lot of effort was put in and a few sector numbers were gleaned and used.
Issue for me is over as I took care of it for me and mine. The general public will have to fend for themselves.There are so so many bugs in the beta software I think JP's efforts should be in fixing those things that currently make the beta software unplayable in any real way.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

I would suggest rolling back the beta software on the server to version before JP's obvious errors in move timing.No real testing can be done with so many bugs.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

Parrothead wrote:
I would suggest rolling back the beta software on the server to version before JP's obvious errors in move timing.No real testing can be done with so many bugs.

I'm not sure if that was directected at me because lots of places are running the Beta but thanks for the suggestion.However I'm keeping the beta software till jp says otherwise....I don't know what the others are going to do.

Jesus woundn't SubSpace Crawl

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

That right.. keep running corrupt software with more bugs than the previous version.

That will bring in the crowds to play.. At least those who know they cant win without some form of underhandedness.

But.. if JP is your boss and owns your server.. I can relate to you wanted to keep it up. Of course.. keeping it up to find more bugs isn't really a bad idea.

If you want/need a serious game though... no one wants to play something like that.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm
Veteran Op

Legion wrote:
That right.. keep running corrupt software with more bugs than the previous version.

That will bring in the crowds to play.. At least those who know they cant win without some form of underhandedness.

But.. if JP is your boss and owns your server.. I can relate to you wanted to keep it up. Of course.. keeping it up to find more bugs isn't really a bad idea.

If you want/need a serious game though... no one wants to play something like that.

hi Legion !

Thanks for the input..There are some GREAT TWGS Servers out there. It's great that there are so many awsome choices out there. Don't like the Beta?? Then play at one of the other Great servers. Don't spread hate or propergate false assumptions..Have a great day!!

Jesus woundn't SubSpace Crawl

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next