View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ban/UnBan 
Veteran Op

Unread post Ban/UnBan
Not sure how much coding it would take... my guess is not much but you can ban/block an ip, but in order to unblock/unban you have to take the server off-line to remove the setting. This causes a disruption to the entire server to correct 1 minor issue. I know banning is not overly common but that is just one minor thing that has bothered me.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sat May 29, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Ban/UnBan
T0yman wrote:
Not sure how much coding it would take... my guess is not much but you can ban/block an ip, but in order to unblock/unban you have to take the server off-line to remove the setting. This causes a disruption to the entire server to correct 1 minor issue. I know banning is not overly common but that is just one minor thing that has bothered me.

I have to also agree with this. Some of these settings are nice to use, but if you have to shut down the TWGS to do it, it becomes a pain. If the TWGS could allow rebangs, set games active/inactive via the admin telnet, then this would be a nice addition to the Admin side to handle bans- either we ban on the fly, give a set # days for the ban before it is auto-unbanned, etc. You get my point.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Sat May 29, 2010 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]