View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Latest bug fixes are in 
Gameop

Unread post Re: Latest bug fixes are in
mob wrote:
Kaus wrote:
How about a op controlled timer since last death reentry? Most cby cashing is only profitable if able to take advantage of reentry cost, whereas the point of Zero death delay is to allow newer player back in. Given they die less as frequently as a player cby cashing the op can mandate a timer between last death and reentry while leaving the rest of the current valid tactics alive.

There should be some type of penalty for CBY'in. Littering space with multiple ship debris should be against whatever law system the feds have set up;) So after initial start whether its CBY/SD your next ship coming in should contain much LESS starting cash/figs/shields. SD might not be as fair, but a CBY usage should have a penalty.

Generally there already is a system for that, after sd/cby you come back generally in a scout. Some sysops have modified these ships/settings to allow for cby abuse as we have seen with some popular edits. My suggestion would allow players (Newer players) to continue to come into game if they get sd because they meet the op timer requirements while preventing cby cashers from gaining a real economic advantage. I.e. if the timer was set for 15 minutes and new player has been on from half a day gets sd can come back in immediately because they met the requirement, whereas the cby casher would only be able to cash once every 15minutes. Most if not all scripts that allow for auto cashing (worldtrade, etc) can beat even the best reentry ship value for the most part. Leaving it adjustable allows for further fine tuning for the high value entry ship games.

Just my .02

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Boo! inc.

Kaus wrote:
mob wrote:
Kaus wrote:
How about a op controlled timer since last death reentry? Most cby cashing is only profitable if able to take advantage of reentry cost, whereas the point of Zero death delay is to allow newer player back in. Given they die less as frequently as a player cby cashing the op can mandate a timer between last death and reentry while leaving the rest of the current valid tactics alive.

There should be some type of penalty for CBY'in. Littering space with multiple ship debris should be against whatever law system the feds have set up;) So after initial start whether its CBY/SD your next ship coming in should contain much LESS starting cash/figs/shields. SD might not be as fair, but a CBY usage should have a penalty.

Generally there already is a system for that, after sd/cby you come back generally in a scout. Some sysops have modified these ships/settings to allow for cby abuse as we have seen with some popular edits. My suggestion would allow players (Newer players) to continue to come into game if they get sd because they meet the op timer requirements while preventing cby cashers from gaining a real economic advantage. I.e. if the timer was set for 15 minutes and new player has been on from half a day gets sd can come back in immediately because they met the requirement, whereas the cby casher would only be able to cash once every 15minutes. Most if not all scripts that allow for auto cashing (worldtrade, etc) can beat even the best reentry ship value for the most part. Leaving it adjustable allows for further fine tuning for the high value entry ship games.

Just my .02

I think thats a good idea, nice suggestion.

Boo! inc.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Gameop

Kaus wrote:
mob wrote:
Kaus wrote:

Just my .02

When I want to try to exert a little bit of control over the various entry/exit strategies, I do so by enforcing a minimum time online limit - for example, with 180 minutes of time allowed for the day, each logon charges you 15 minutes. That means you could log on 12 times in a day, which is reasonable for most people who are not employing this kind of strategy (either CBY or limpets). It's not impossible to clear limpets by exiting repetitively, but you have to weigh the cost of doing it.

For my part, this is one thing I like about TW - there's a lot of things you _could_ do, but there's a cost associated with doing it, and you might not be able to do something else as a result. I like the idea of adding a sysop-configurable death delay, instead of being all (out until the day after tomorrow) or nothing (immediately back in).

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2