View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Death Limit Test 
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Death Limit Test
Death limits in tournaments work as long as the players in the game remain aggressive. The reason I say this is because death limit games can often lead to turtle games. If a corp is close to losing a player to the death limit, they'll stop him from mothing or being in dangerous situations that might put him out of the game, which is only smart because losing a player means losing turns. But then what happens when the entire corp gets close to the death limit? Well that corp will lie back and let the other corps fight it out. When everyone in the game starts getting close to the death limit, you have a bunch of turtles that won't take any chances in fear of being put out of the game. I'm not trying to discourage using a death limit, but I am pointing out problems that I've seen arise in the past.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 am
Gameop

Unread post Re: Death Limit Test
Big D wrote:
Death limits in tournaments work as long as the players in the game remain aggressive. The reason I say this is because death limit games can often lead to turtle games. If a corp is close to losing a player to the death limit, they'll stop him from mothing or being in dangerous situations that might put him out of the game, which is only smart because losing a player means losing turns. But then what happens when the entire corp gets close to the death limit? Well that corp will lie back and let the other corps fight it out. When everyone in the game starts getting close to the death limit, you have a bunch of turtles that won't take any chances in fear of being put out of the game. I'm not trying to discourage using a death limit, but I am pointing out problems that I've seen arise in the past.

I agree D, it can lead to Turtle games. I'm hoping it doesn't lead to that, but we will have to deal once that happens

http://www.twsubspace.com <-- Expired
Teamspeak 3 50.23.212.53:4196 <-- Expired
Just a has been now.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2