View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Destroyed 0 fighters 
Commander

Unread post Destroyed 0 fighters
Cardassian Toran destroyed 0 of your fighters in sector 12361

Lets fix this please

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Destroyed 0 fighters
Has this been around for awhile, or is it new?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Commander

a while...and always irratating

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

The only time I've seen it happen with the new version is if they've attacked someone hand have no fighters.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:40 am
Commander

Aliens with zero figs are spamming me with this in a game at Archy's server

Maybe the new aliens behavior will stop it. But i like to use CN6 to kill the alien spam in alien games
I can see someone killing figs (person or alien) but miss all the spam

You cannot destroy zero fighters....You cant get lucky with zero girls either

Both events fall to a different name. :)

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

Parrothead wrote:
Aliens with zero figs are spamming me with this in a game at Archy's server

Maybe the new aliens behavior will stop it. But i like to use CN6 to kill the alien spam in alien games
I can see someone killing figs (person or alien) but miss all the spam

You cannot destroy zero fighters....You cant get lucky with zero girls either

Both events fall to a different name. :)

Actually it still does it in the beta. If they have 0 fighters, they still try to attack with 0 fighters. However in the beta they do seem to reproduce more fighters after a whille even if they are gridded in.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:47 am
Site Admin

Ok, there are no tests to guarantee that any damage was done in this attack (or many others). I will add some code to verify that at least a point of damage was done before a message is sent.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

To some extent, a message that Someone destroyed 0 of your fighters in Sector N is still a valid message stating that someone actually did attack those fighters even if none were destroyed. But if these messages are just spam, I can filter them out. This should happen in a lot of places, though, not just aliens. You should get messages stating that a player destroyed 0 fighters, for example, if that player just failed to get a single fig kill. I don't think this happens often in most cases, but it may have been happening more with aliens because they were moving to attack even if they didn't have any fighters. That's been fixed for the upcoming release, so, so even without filtering out these "0 of your fighters" messages, these messages should appear less often. So the question is, is it good to remove them entirely, or is it better to have them as a notification that you were attacked even if no fighters were lost?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

John Pritchett wrote:
To some extent, a message that Someone destroyed 0 of your fighters in Sector N is still a valid message stating that someone actually did attack those fighters even if none were destroyed. But if these messages are just spam, I can filter them out. This should happen in a lot of places, though, not just aliens. You should get messages stating that a player destroyed 0 fighters, for example, if that player just failed to get a single fig kill. I don't think this happens often in most cases, but it may have been happening more with aliens because they were moving to attack even if they didn't have any fighters. That's been fixed for the upcoming release, so, so even without filtering out these "0 of your fighters" messages, these messages should appear less often. So the question is, is it good to remove them entirely, or is it better to have them as a notification that you were attacked even if no fighters were lost?

If it also effects real players entering the sector and destroying 0 fighters, it would probably be best to leave it the way it is.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:59 pm
Site Admin

Let's see if the alien 0 fig message is much less spammy now. If it is, this isn't that big of a problem and I'd rather avoid making any change if it's not absolutely needed.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]