View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Adding a feature for CEO to set corp SS channel 
Veteran Op

Unread post Adding a feature for CEO to set corp SS channel
Helix wrote:
Here I am trying to do the CEO thingy for the first time and I was wondering if an item to change Corp SS channel could be added to the CEO section of the Corp menu. Then the CEO could choose the SS channel for the corp. The other corpies be associated with the channel the same way they are associated with the corp ships, figs, mines, and planets. This would not have anything to do with ss channel security, just with ss channel control.

H

This is topic is open for discussion, and my view is that a feature to allow the CEO to change the entire corps SS channel would be nothing but a bot feature. Scripts can easily be made to do this if everyone wants thier SS changed by the CEO. The other players on the corp may not want to be on the same SS channel because of the constant bot chatter. There are times when more than one sub space channel is required on the same corp, such as seperate cashing teams running seperate team cashing scripts. You can't run two team cashing scripts on the same SS channel.
If something like this is done, I suggest that a secure corp channel be assigned when the corp is made and that channel can be toggled ON/OFF in the CN settings. Then you can call it the SCC (Secure Corporate Channel)

Last edited by Big D on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 am
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Adding a feature for CEO to set corp SS channel
It was my understanding that the CEO setting a SS channel was never requested. But the ability if you are on Corp 1, you would have a game set SS Channel of 1 and no others could select that SS channel unless you are part of that corp. It is possible other conversations took place but this was the only thing I had ever heard mentioned.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:00 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

John has said that Crawling is part of the game and to "deal with it" as he wont be changing it.
This conversation was already had.

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

T0yman wrote:
It was my understanding that the CEO setting a SS channel was never requested. But the ability if you are on Corp 1, you would have a game set SS Channel of 1 and no others could select that SS channel unless you are part of that corp. It is possible other conversations took place but this was the only thing I had ever heard mentioned.

You didn't see it because Helix had someone delete his threads on the subject. I do have the 1st post in the original thread here

Helix wrote:
Here I am trying to do the CEO thingy for the first time and I was wondering if an item to change Corp SS channel could be added to the CEO section of the Corp menu. Then the CEO could choose the SS channel for the corp. The other corpies be associated with the channel the same way they are associated with the corp ships, figs, mines, and planets. This would not have anything to do with ss channel security, just with ss channel control.

H

BTW, I don't understand how he can get a thread deleted that had other peoples posts in it including mine.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm
Commander

Quote:
BTW, I don't understand how he can get a thread deleted that had other peoples posts in it including mine.

He didn't get anything deleted. I removed the thread because all it had beside your response was "This is smack derailed" or something to that effect. I'm attempting to keep this topic area as clean as possible so John and others that do testing and send him our results don't have to read unrelated comments. And I'm tired of moving posts to Smack. In this section, I'll just remove the unrelated posts and/or thread if it gets derailed.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 pm
Veteran Op

That's fine, I have his original post, so not all was lost.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 pm
Commander

My only question: is this discussion actually Beta related? The reason I ask is because I recall reading from another post that John was *not* considering this. Therefore, why flood the Beta section with issues that will not be considered?

--

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm
Veteran Op

Thrawn wrote:
My only question: is this discussion actually Beta related? The reason I ask is because I recall reading from another post that John was *not* considering this. Therefore, why flood the Beta section with issues that will not be considered?

I didn't flood anything. I replied to Helx's thread and he deleted all his posts and change the name of the thread. Now it looks like I'm the one that started it. Read the 1st quote in this thread and you will see who requested this beta change.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm
Commander

My question remains to be unanswered.

Is this discussion actually Beta related? The reason I ask is because I recall reading from another post that John was *not* considering this. Is John considering this, or is this something to invite discussion from others to get their views?

--

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 pm
Veteran Op

Thrawn wrote:
My question remains to be unanswered.

Is this discussion actually Beta related? The reason I ask is because I recall reading from another post that John was *not* considering this. Is John considering this, or is this something to invite discussion from others to get their views?

Here's the deal. If Helix's request might be considered as a change to the beta, then I want my views known. If it's definitely not going to be considered, then this discussion is mute. Can you tell me that his request will not be considered as a beta change?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 pm
Commander

Let's hope this thread will stay on topic this time, because the last one deleted was called "Derailed argument thread" which was over the same thing.

--

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm
Veteran Op

Thrawn wrote:
Let's hope this thread will stay on topic this time, because the last one deleted was called "Derailed argument thread" which was over the same thing.

That's because he went in and changed all his posts and the title of the thread that HE started. My posts were on topic and still are. He proposed a change and I stated why it wouldn't be a good change. So back to the topic. I don't want my ss channel assigned to me by a CEO, so I vote no.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:07 am
Commander

I for one would like to see a corp only SS , this way SS crawlers don't disrupt upcoming tourneys.

We at TK have things under control , but IF they would just let me do MY
thing .. forget ethics .. I have a very good use for crawlers that just might
help to kill any further tourneys and tradewars .. now if they would just let
me do my thing.

Or if the CSS (corp SS) were to be made/done , all this would be moot.
I am just surprised that Helix wants the CSS now that he has used it in last
tourney and knows what others can do with it too.
Maybe that IS the reason he wants the change too. Its deadly , it will
ruin tradewars forever now that the cats out of the bag.

Anyways .. I vote yes to the CSS ... any others ?

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:11 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Vid Kid wrote:
I for one would like to see a corp only SS , this way SS crawlers don't disrupt upcoming tourneys.

We at TK have things under control , but IF they would just let me do MY
thing .. forget ethics .. I have a very good use for crawlers that just might
help to kill any further tourneys and tradewars .. now if they would just let
me do my thing.

Or if the CSS (corp SS) were to be made/done , all this would be moot.
I am just surprised that Helix wants the CSS now that he has used it in last
tourney and knows what others can do with it too.
Maybe that IS the reason he wants the change too. Its deadly , it will
ruin tradewars forever now that the cats out of the bag.

Anyways .. I vote yes to the CSS ... any others ?

You see, that's the thing. That's not what Helix posted that he wanted. He doesn't want a secure corp SS, he wants the ability to control which SS his corpies will use and change it whenever he wants.
Sure, I'll vote yes to a private SS channel assigned to a corp when the corp is made.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 am
Veteran Op

Maybe JP would consider it as an option when game is set in Tournament Mode? That way in normal games anything goes but in a Tournie you have the ability to have a "Secure SS".

Options.... we need options :)

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next