View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 BETA Software Version 
Veteran Op

Unread post BETA Software Version
John is there a new version that is available to the BETA test sites? I was wondering since it appears it was removed due to some servers sharing the link. Curious since I have heard some servers have the timing settings and some don't. Just wondering where we were on doing a little wider testing than just 1 or 2 servers.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: BETA Software Version
T0yman wrote:
John is there a new version that is available to the BETA test sites? I was wondering since it appears it was removed due to some servers sharing the link. Curious since I have heard some servers have the timing settings and some don't. Just wondering where we were on doing a little wider testing than just 1 or 2 servers.

We'd like to get caught up as well. The last version I currently have is v1.04.09, which has the mail fix, allows us to rebang/create games while server is online, and a bunch of global settings moved to local. We're in the process of revamping our games and creating a "theme-based" server, where the games all tie into one another in one aspect or another with specific goals, etc. Also will be re-writing our server-side scripts to include the new changes.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:33 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: BETA Software Version
No new beta update has been released for awhile because I'm trying to work out kinks in the latest changes on my own server first (twgs.classictw.com). Obviously that's been slowed down by the unfortunate loss of SG, but I'm still working on it. I have a beta up there and Singularity is working with me to determine if it's ready to proceed. Anyone who's running the version with timings is doing so without my permission and I am very dissappointed if anyone has distributed the closed beta. It was not ready for general use.

As soon as I get enough testing on twgs.classictw.com, I will be ready for a new wide beta release. Unfortunately, I'm not getting a lot of activity and feedback on the current version, so it's moving slow.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]