View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Getting close! 
Site Admin

Unread post Getting close!
Ok, I just posted what I hope will be the final update before release. If you see issues, continue to report them and if they're significant, I'll address them prior to release, and if not, I'll get to them after it's out the door. Now that I've figured out why the game experiencing long, intermittent pauses, I've cleared away all of the major issues keeping me from releasing. I'll let it run a few days on the beta server and if nothing major comes up I'll put it out later this week. I'm sure once it's out I'll have a list of bugs to address, but I think we've fixed all of the major issues.

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

Unread post Re: Getting close!
John Pritchett wrote:
Ok, I just posted what I hope will be the final update before release. If you see issues, continue to report them and if they're significant, I'll address them prior to release, and if not, I'll get to them after it's out the door. Now that I've figured out why the game experiencing long, intermittent pauses, I've cleared away all of the major issues keeping me from releasing. I'll let it run a few days on the beta server and if nothing major comes up I'll put it out later this week. I'm sure once it's out I'll have a list of bugs to address, but I think we've fixed all of the major issues.

Thanks for all the help!!!!

I tried adding ports for the first time in the beta version. The lateset bang doesnt have many ports in fedspace so added one to secto 2 and sector 3 for a pair port combo.

I did this by Port editor, add port #21000 set to class 5 then X for exit.
Went to sector edit then added port #21000 to sector 2.
Then the same for sector 3 but port #20999 class 4.

I have ran maintenance several times, the port is in the sector but can not port at it. I upgraded it with O command and the port now shows the increse in production from 10 maximum product to 2010 maximum product.

When hit P <port> it shows
<Port>
Docking...
one tun deducted, 4960 turns left
Command [TL=00:00:00]:[2] (?=help)? :

Did I miss something in the order of adding a port, I see a referance to initport.exe but can not find it in twgs dir's.

Tue May 31, 2011 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I haven't looked at TEDIT port activation. I'm sure it's broken. I'll have a look.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

John Pritchett wrote:
I haven't looked at TEDIT port activation. I'm sure it's broken. I'll have a look.

Just when your think your almost done :shock:

keep :D

Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]