View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Abort display on CIM 
Site Admin

Unread post Abort display on CIM
I've noticed that for at least port report in CIM, you can't break out of a list with the SPACE. Has this always been the case? Is it something that recently broke? Should you be able to break out of a CIM function with SPACE?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Abort display on CIM
I've never noticed whether or not you could break out of port report before. I have noticed that in a 30k sector universe with 80% ports it's very time consuming to run a port report. I hesitate to tell you to speed it up in fear of making CIM Hunter scripts more powerfull, but maybe there's a way to speed it up according to the number of ports in a game.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:50 pm
Site Admin

I mistakenly set the port report pace to half what it has traditionally. I just fixed it so it's running at the normal pace. So it's twice as fast as you've been seeing on the beta. I hope that's fast enough because I hate to mess with the pacing on that.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

John Pritchett wrote:
I've noticed that for at least port report in CIM, you can't break out of a list with the SPACE. Has this always been the case? Is it something that recently broke? Should you be able to break out of a CIM function with SPACE?

The twgs beta build I am running will not break out of cim with space bar, you need to wait for the info to output.
Would be good to be able to abort the display.

Mon May 30, 2011 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, I agree. When testing, I've been dropping carrier to abort a long list. I'll figure out why it's not breaking on SPACE. The code expects to, but the IO isn't recognizing the SPACE.

Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]