View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Proposed new hybrid delay mode 
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Proposed new hybrid delay mode
Cruncher wrote:
Promethius wrote:
I find I spend more time in turns game play than an unlim. The game is slower, and lasts longer. I don't want a game that lasts for days, or God forbid weeks. A weekend game is all I can commit to. An unlim is basically a death match, unless someone is running a truce.

....And here time is a relative concept - Prom likes fast/short games. Start to finish over in one weekend - that requires gold edits and long hours per day in that weekend game - AFK mostly I presume, but that's a few very long days.....

Actually, when I play I am at keys, unless asleep for the few hours that I get, and then the scripts are usually AFK defense only. I sometimes test AFK offensive scripts fully expecting to be SD.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Please people, let's try to keep this on track.

We're here to talk about a proposed change to the game, not how much Prom ROFLfacerolls everyone in an unlim while AFK making Gordon Ramsay dinner, or how well Cruncher will function after getting surgery for Carpal Tunnel. (Sucks about the co-pay though.)

Please let me reiterate- this isn't about the pros or cons of scripting, this is about how this change would affect the game. Yes, it will require some changes to how some scripts work, as ably presented by Sing. Whether or not all of his predictions will come to pass we'll have to play and see. Again, these are only proposed changes, and as proposed would be optional only.

Please continue this bearing that in mind, and that I hate coming back from long weekends to see this sort of thread spin out of control. We all play the game because there are parts of it we like. I personally don't play red, but I can see why some of my corpies do. They also hate playing blue and running cols and furbs. The game offers something for everyone, and is not zero sum. JP adding a feature will not cause someone to lose out on their enjoyment.

People have had a lot of good ideas. Please keep them coming, and keep them civil.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Back to the original topic...

This is important work we're doing here, people! Just look at this headline:

The $300m cable that will save traders milliseconds

TW2002 isn't the only trading game that's dominated by power-scripters. The real stock markets are, too. And, just like in the game, winning often comes down to who has the fastest ping.

The future of our whole economy depends on JP finding a solution to this problem! :lol:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8