View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Truce Mode!!!! 
Gameop

Unread post Re: Truce Mode!!!!
John Pritchett wrote:
Thanks for the input, Kaus. It seems like this should be pretty easy, but there are so many different expectations, partly because there are a number of "home grown" truce games out there. At some point, I probably do just need to create a basic set of rules and experiment/build from there. I'm really chomping at the bit to put some focus on this feature, but as Vid said, my priority right now is to get to a stable release and hold with that until I have more time to devote to the game. At that time, I'll want to assess whether truce belongs in TWv3 or I should just go ahead and fork the game to TWv4 and limit myself to bug fixes in TWv3.

Np, When you decide to impliment the feature I'll be happy to be that mean spirited player who breaks the rules, build's basic script's to SD players in unique ways, for testing purposes of course ;-)

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Sounds good. I look forward to constantly revising this feature for the next 10 years ;)

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Boo! inc.

wow you must enjoy wasting your time on worthless features eh

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Enough already, Locutis. I get it. You're banned.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

John Pritchett wrote:
Sounds good. I look forward to constantly revising this feature for the next 10 years ;)

Maybe this was already discussed and if so sorry in advance.
Would not the easy way to make a truce mode simply be to make it so you couldn't us any offensive weapons for x amount of days?

http://www.twsubspace.com <-- Expired
Teamspeak 3 50.23.212.53:4196 <-- Expired
Just a has been now.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It's definitely one way to look at it. What complicates things is the fact that there are a number of popular truce modes out there, and I'd like to support those variations so that others can use them as well.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5