View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:11 pm

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Better Alien Control 
Gameop

Unread post Better Alien Control
I know this is duplicated from a message I sent you JP, but I thought I'd put it in it's proper place.

Better alien control will be very welcome.
I've heard many Sysops comment that the "aliens aren't behaving" and that they frankly don't understand the settings.
Do Aliens battle Aliens? If you got into a large game with other aliens, it might be fun to have them doing battle and you warp in on it. I also think the ability for aliens to track you up to a certain number of jumps would be cool. Say the setting is 10 and you jump 9 they can warp right in on you again. but if you jump 11 they loose your tail.
I envision the following settngs if I could set up things:
1. Aliens that attack as soon as you warp in, with strength of that attack variable per the settings.
2. Aliens that attack then flee.
3. Aliens that flee, but then warp in with buddies to attack as they track you (settings from before in effect)
4. Aliens that if you treat them nice, will deliver a special ship to you in a future point in the game.
5. Perhaps even Aliens which will lead you to Class 0 ports.
I've got lots of ideas for aliens, but I've no clue what's involved coding this stuff.
My biggest complaint with current versions is simply being able to control the level of agression of the alien races.

http://www.twsubspace.com <-- Expired
Teamspeak 3 50.23.212.53:4196 <-- Expired
Just a has been now.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]