View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 More Upgrades to Citadels 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post More Upgrades to Citadels
First off, I spend way to much time thinking about TW at work and school ... Just wait till I work up the nerve to post my ship addition ideas ..

Extended Scanner Array

50, 000 c : Density Scanner
This upgrades the scanner array of your citadel allowing you to scan adjacent sectors from the comfort and safety of your fortress.

Upgrades to

100,000 c :Holographic Scanner Array
With even larger arrays and this emitter you can have a detailed scan of all the surrounding sectors. This does require some fuel ore to power the emitter.

uses 20 fuel ore each scan

Point to Point Transporter

200,000 c

This upgrade to your transporter pad allows you to transport your ship to any other citadel equipped with a Point to Point Transporter.. Do to the precision required to have your ship arrive on the pad in your target citadel the range for Point to Point transport is greatly reduced. After all if you miss by a few kilometers in the middle of a sector no problem ... your ship materializes inside the planet ... well it would have been nice knowing you..

P t P transport should cut the range of the transporter in half or even more .

Would work just like normal except if there was a Citadel in the sector that had a PtP installed.
then it would offer
Do you want to transport to the (S)ector or (P)lanet

if there are more than one planet with a PTP in sector

Planets
23 M <<<<<< home>>>>>>>>
35 L <<<<<< Better Home >>>>>>
ect..
Pick which planet to Transport to :

Just like when landing on planets

Thanks for your time JP.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: More Upgrades to Citadels
Hi, Kilson! I appreciate the suggestions. I like these. They're not too radical. Of course, they might be more appropriate to a new version. I have a lot of new ideas I'd like to try, but I'm trying to limit my efforts on this version to mainly bug fixes and some options to control gameplay.

Before long, I plan to fork the game and limit work on this version to just bug fixes, then start evolving the game into a new version where I can do more things without having to worry about breaking the game for existing players who don't want it to evolve.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Unread post Re: More Upgrades to Citadels
Actually I think the planet to planet transport idea is a great one. You can cwarp over to a planet without worrying about an attack that is going on and maybe help guard the planet. If nothing else you could avoid navhav in the sector that maybe you left for others :lol: Good idea I like it. What about the fact that you wouldn't need a fighter in the sector to cwarp to another cit? Kinda changes things up a bit doesn't it? And BTW I called it cwarp because you are warping from cit to cit.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]